Chapter 61 - Him

New chapter!!! Hope you'll enjoy this one!!

Special thanks to ThePab98. (@Pab998) for editing.

Love y'all!!

___________________

Leitch's POV:

Everyone was just staring. Slowly, Arii, Luhan, Ono and me were walking to the middle of the camp. Seeing us do so, every soldier and adventurer in the camp stopped with what they were doing and followed us.

I saw them. Two rather tall hooded figures, and two smaller ones, with one only being the size of a child.

Each one of them felt strong. I only felt confident of victory against the smallest one if a fight would break out. The rest of them, though not as strong as the man I met earlier, could still wipe the floor with us.

We stopped a couple of meters away from them.

Ffffff~

Wind slowly blew across the camp, as not a single person spoke. Shooting glances around me, I saw that almost everyone was present. A full circle was formed around our two groups of four.

Suddenly, the tallest person, the man I met previously walked forward. The other three remained behind him, as if it was deliberated beforehand.

He walked closer and closer... Each step caused me to tense up more, as I remembered the fear the man had given me.

But right now, there was no pressure. He felt about as strong as us.

He was so close... Instead of stopping a bit away from us, he continued to slowly take steps. He was about four steps away from us... Three... Two-

"Ugh-"

With a cold grunt, Luhan stepped in front of me, as if to shield me. His eyebrows were tightly knitted together.

He had the same look in his eyes as when we fought a troll for the first time, only barely winning while being heavily wounded in the process.

The man stopped. He didn't move at all. He just stood there, straight up like a stone-carved statue. But unlike before, I didn't feel his gaze. The darkness underneath his hood... felt empty. As if there was nothing wearing it.

Suddenly, he spoke:

"You are... Legendary Swordsman Leitch?"

The voice was emotionless, bland even.

I gulped.

"Yes, that's me"

Without moving his head, he spoke again,

"And you... Legendary Sorceress Arii?"

"Yes"

"Paladin Ono?"

A silent nod followed.

"And... Knight Luhan?"

Luhan didn't answer, but it seemed like the man didn't deem it to be necessary.

"I'm glad... you're all here"

"Huh?"

I looked at the man weirdly. The heavy atmosphere disappeared abruptly as joy permeated the man's voice.

"I've waited so long to see you all here, together"

The man suddenly laughed loudly,

"Thahahaha, you are all so scared! Don't worry, I just wanted to meet you!"