Chapter 62 - Zent

New chapter!!! This one is the regular update XD

I'll try to put my regular updates on Sundays, but as I'm on a holiday now, it was kinda pressuring to actually get this chap done in time.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter!!

Love y'all!!!

_________

Toru' POV:

All four of them were unconscious. I took a few steps back. The ground was soggy due to all the blood that flowed on it. It was not only my boots that got bloodied. My clothes, my face...

Its warmth had already long disappeared, and now it was just cold and sticky.

I didn't feel it. The relief I was expecting wasn't there. Nor did the anger against them.

Was this the right decision?

Was beating the shit out of them and giving them the same treatment as I got the right choice? Doesn't it make me as bad as them?

I had my doubts.

I just stood there. Without I even realized it, it had begun to drizzle. The soggy ground became wet, and the blood got washed away. Even my clothes and face got cleaned.

Nothing indicated that torture just happened here, except for the four unconscious bodies lying on the floor.

But I felt it. The water could cleanse the ground all it wanted... I would never be healed.

I saw that now.

"huuu-"

I sighed.

Still, the situation had helped me in some way. I've had my revenge. I've surpassed the ones who used to shackle me down.

I was free now.

Free to do everything I wanted.

To do anything I wanted.

I raised my head and let the rain fall freely on my face. Flashes of the past appeared briefly before my eyes.

Whenever I felt alone, or my parents were angry at me, I'd go outside.

It didn't even matter what the weather was like.

Each time, I would go to the small park near our home and sit down at a different place. To convince myself it was just the first time something like that happened. To convince myself every single time I went there, the situation was entirely different.

There was only one time I sat at the same spot. The exact same one.

I saw a puppy at the side of the road. It was dead. And I felt it resonate deep inside of me. I wanted to die.

No matter how much I tried convincing myself everything was okay, I wanted to die.

Once more, I sighed.

I tightly clenched my fist, a soft mumble escaping from my mouth.

"It's different now..."

Yeah... It was different now.

It didn't matter if I wanted to die in the past, or even if I still wanted it today. I couldn't. There were people waiting for my return. People who loved me.

The corner of my mouth curled up a bit. I smiled. I smiled a sad smile.

To protect them, and give them a place where they feel at home...