7. Monkey in the room

"Don't tell me you called us in the middle of night to tell us that you are going on a road trip with that blue-eyed monster you met?", Lily looked like she was about to hit me in my non-existent jewels.

  "For the last time, it's not a road trip. We are going to find Alex and Anna.", I said, rolling my eyes.

  "And Lil, it's just 10. Don't exaggerate.", Sarah took my side.

  "I don't care. You should know better than disturbing my precious sleep.", Lily said with a bored expression.

  "Guys, If you don't mind, can we talk about the elephant in the room?", I asked in a serious tone.

  "Elephant? You have a f**king elephant in your room?", Lily looked confused.

  "Urghhh, I was talking about this Xavier Davis."

"Oh, nice name. By the way, what's the issue, he can help you find Alex. Besides, he sounds hot. Maybe you can finally find a boyfriend for you.", Sarah said with a dreamy look on her face and I scowled at her.

"Says a girl who hadn't even say hello to her crush.", I taunted and her eyes widened.

  "I don't have any crush on Derek.", She yelled at me.

  "Who said anything about Derek?", I said, pretending to be innocent and her face reddened at the realization.

"Now who's forgetting about the monkey in the room?", Lily smirked and we both replied "Elephant" in unison.

"Ok, the issue is, I don't like that guy. He is rude, big-headed, arrogant, conceited, Chauvinist, misogynist-"

"Don't exaggerate Haze. You have just met the poor guy three times. He couldn't be that bad.", Sarah tried to reason.

"He called me younger version of Bellatrix.", I said, frowning and a loud screeching voice erupted from Lily's mouth. Did I mention she has the weirdest laugh I have ever heard?

"Fine. Laugh as much as you want.", I frowned.

"It's okay Hazel. It would probably take two days. You can bear him for two days for Alex. Right?", Sarah suggested.

"Yeah, I guess. Talking about Alex, I hope he is alright."

I have no idea why Alex ran off. He could have talked to me if he was having any issue. I would have helped him. I was even ready to fight with that rude brother of Anna for him. Then, why did he elope with her?

"So when is he coming to pick you up?", Sarah enquired.

"6 in the morning.", I answered uninterested.

"Well, if he is really that hot, you have my blessings Haze.", It was Lily this time.

"He is not hot.", I screamed in annoyance.

"And I am not going on a boyfriend hunt."

"Who said anything about boyfriend. I was talking about just one night of-", her words stopped in her throat when I tossed the remote in my hand towards her and it hit her right on her arm.

"Ow.", She said, rubbing her arm and Sarah giggled at her painful expression.

  ...

I spent the whole night turning sides on the bed. My thoughts were focused on Alex. I was worried for him and a little angry too. How could he leave me here alone? He knew how much we had suffered in our lives. Everytime, we were there for each other. But just for the sake of a teenage love, he forgot all about his sister. Was our relationship that weak?

At about 5 am, I got up from the bed and took a shower. Changing into a red cardigan and black denims, I let my blonde waves loose. Throwing three jeans and three tank tops in a duffel bag , I moved towards the kitchen but stopped when I heard a knock on the door.

Opening the door, I found Mr. Rude leaning back on his Range Rover. He was wearing a white button down shirt with blue denims. As much as I would hate to admit, he was looking handsome.

This is so unfair. Rich, handsome and a successful lawyer. And then there are ugly penniless people like me, struggling with their grades and jobs. Why God, why?

His face set into a scowl as his eyes landed on mine.

"Sorry to interrupt your staring session but we don't have all the time in the world.", He said, sliding in the driver seat and earned a frown from me.

Picking up my duffel bag, I locked the main door and walked towards his car.

"Careful, this car is expensive.", He stated, opening the door and my eyes widened in fury.

"Oh really, how much did your rich daddy pay for it?", I said, trying my best to control my anger.

"For your kind information, I have been saving for it since I was eighteen and working as a tutor in the weekdays and a waiter in the weekends.", He said in a mocking tone and my face flushed in embarrassment.

Great job, Hazel. Next time you open your stupid mouth, think first at least.

I silently settled on the passenger seat and he started the car.

The scent of his masculine cologne soon invaded my senses. I was not a big fan of perfumes and cologne but there was something so soothing about the way he smelled, it felt like I was transferred to a rainforest.

"Hazel, right?", He said while I was busy admiring his cologne.

Creepy? I know.

"Yeah?", I have no idea why my voice sounded like a squeak.

Get a grip idiot.

"What do you do beside throwing judgemental remarks at strangers?", He taunted, one side of his lip turned slightly upwards, as if he was trying his best not to smirk. His eyes were still focused on the road.

"I am studying business management. And I work as a waitress in a cafe.", I said, remembering the time I threw coffee at him.

"You work there? I thought they have hired you to dispose of waste coffee at random customers.", He added sarcastically, earning a glare from me.

"Focus on the road Mister. We don't want the famous lawyer Xavier Davis in a lockup, do we?"

"The first right thing you know about me.", I heard him whisper.

Ignoring his remark, I leaned my head back on the headrest of the seat and waited for sleep to engulf me.

****************************

Why did Alex leave? Any ideas.

Are you excited for their little adventure?