Point Taken

LAUREN

I have never been nervous like this in my life. Not even when I was meeting the former president Barack Obama few years back when he came here at school to give an inspirational talk to the students and I was the one who had to tell him about a little background of the school. I wasn't nervous at all. But this, the thought of seeing Camila after the argument we had made my knees weak. I was so fucking nervous. I had no idea what was I going to do or how to act normal. Now I wish we didn't have our own office.

Was she already here? I checked my watch. It's 6:30 a.m. My class would not start until 9:00 a.m. What was I doing here at the parking lot at six in the morning? I don't know. Actually, I know. I was avoiding to have an awkward run in with Camila. It's not like we were not going see each other inside the office but I was afraid that we would run into each other and couldn't say an awkward hello or good morning or worst she would just totally ignore me.

There were only few cars that were parked. I bet Camila's car wasn't one those because the cars I saw were more beaten up than mine. I got off my car and went straight to our shared office.

When I reached our floor I immediately opened the door I didn't bother to knock knowing Camila wasn't inside anyway.

Or that was I thought.

I jumped in surprise when I saw Camila comfortably sitting in her chair browsing on her phone.

"God, you scared the shit out of me." I said a little out of breath because I was taken by surprise by her presence and nervous talking to her.

"Ever heard of knocking, Jauregui? It's a common courtesy." She said without looking away from her phone.

I closed the door and said, "I didn't know you'd be here already. It's only 6 a.m so I assumed that you wouldn't be here so I didn't knock."

"Maybe you should stop assuming about things you didn't know then."

Oh. Okay. I knew she was referring to my assumption about our argument. I deserved that so I just shut my mouth.

I walked to my table. My stuff that I packed yesterday was still on it. I have to unpack them now. Camila was still busy with her phone I didn't know how to start a conversion so I could apologise already and rid of this guilt I was feeling. I was putting my last book to my shelf when I heard her talk.

"Miss Jauregui, when are you going to start to teach me the basics?" She asked still not looking up from her phone.

"Ah—um well, we could start on Monday, Camila." Oh my god. When did I become a stuttering mess?

"No. We start now. I don't wanna waste anymore time. The faster I can learn the better so I can start teaching Music already that means I wouldn't have to spend too much time here in this office. It's suffocating."

Oh. Did that mean I was totally suffocating her? She's so mad she couldn't be around me.

There's one problem though. I can't teach her today. My schedule is full on Fridays. My only break is the lunch break. I should say no.

"Sure. If that's what you want." The fuck.

"Good." Okay. I cannot take back what I said so I need to start now and use the extra time I have for coming in early.

"Okay, we can start now while I'm not busy."

"I can't right now. I'm busy at the moment." She said still not looking away from her phone. Like It wasn't worth to even look at me.

"Busy with what?" I said trying to control my temper. I have to be nice  to her until I apologise.

"You blind, Jauregui?" She said raising her right hand that holds her phone. Right she's busy with her phone. How fucking stupid of me!