Vol 2 Chap 52-Stop killing the game, Long Lian

XH 52

Xiao Hua headed to the Summer Courtyard with the Eighth Prince and Eunuch Heng. She knew Long Lian would be there for it was her favorite place and every time she came here, she would drag Xiao Hua to the Summer Courtyard.

Although the courtyards were named in seasons, their interior design was the same, with no decorations that represented their name, giving her a hard time memorizing paths. The courtyard with a more personal touch was actually the Silence Courtyard where servants stayed!

Sure enough, in the Summer Courtyard, Long Lian and the Third Prince were sitting inside a room, playing Chinese chess. With a glance, Xiao Hua could see the black side was dominating the game.

"Wait, I don't want to put here." Long Lian removed a white stone from the board and placed it elsewhere. Unfortunately, her new move still allowed the Third Prince to eat one of her white stones.

"This spot still can be eaten?" Long Lian exclaimed. "I take back my move!"

"Stop killing the game, Long Lian," the Third Prince reprimanded but he did not make a move to stop Long Lian shifting the stones around.

This was not the first time Xiao Hua had seen how Long Lian destroyed the chess game but surprisingly the Third Prince never refused to play with her even if she boldly cheated.

If only they could replace the Third Prince with another handsome gentleman that has no blood relation with Long Lian, Xiao Hua will do her best to match them up as a couple.

Le XiaoTing had never seen a guy with that much patience to let a girl massacre a game while playing with him!

Long Lian finally stopped playing when her every move was blocked by the Third Prince.

The Third Prince can only helplessly sigh. He turned to the Eighth Prince. "Eighth brother, Mother Empress says to return to the palace before nighttime. I took the opportunity to ask the kitchen to cook the games I've caught from the hunting game. The eighth brother will love its taste."

Actually, the Eighth Prince wanted to leave after bidding farewells, but now that the Third Prince had offered food, he could not be rude.

"Thank you, Third brother! Third brother always has delicious food," the Eighth Prince gave his thanks.

Tian Zi approached and gave a curtsy. "The meals will be served in a moment, Your Highness."

"Have the meal to serve here."

"Understood, Your Highness."

Long Lian could only give up on the game, letting Tian Zi and Tian Chi swiftly and efficiently packed the chessboard away and wipe the table clean with a wet cloth.

"Xiao Hua, come over here!" Long Lian pulled Xiao Hua to sit beside her. "When's your birthday?"

"I don't know." Le XiaoTing does not know Xiao Hua's birthday and unconsciously answered honestly. Ah! I need to train to hold my tongue more!

"You don't know?" Long Lian, as expected, was surprised at that.

"This...Xiao Hua does not remember, because Xiao Hua did not know what day it is."

Xiao Hua: Yes, please think of this young lady as stupid! I'm sorry, myself!

Xiao Hua could hear the Eighth Prince smothering a laugh and she silently cursed him.

"How about this then, Xiao Hua, can I decide your birthday?"

"Sure?"

Long Lian beamed with a bright smile on her face, making her even more beautiful.