The past creeping in

A/N:Hello everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't had much time to post with my little one and with life going on for me in general lol. 😅 But I'm gonna do my best to keep posting chapters when I get the chance! So heres another chapter! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd Person》

Shino sighed feeling in peace. She kept thinking of the date she went on earlier with Kazuto and their first kiss. Her cheeks heated up a little, but she lightly smacked her cheeks to snap out of it, then decided to make some quick dinner for herself.

Her phone started to go off with messages from Rika, Keiko and Suguha asking all how the date was.

Shino unlocked her phone and started to message.

~~~~~~~~~
Rika:Heyyo, Shino! How did the date go with you and Kazuto? 😏

Keiko:Rika! You shouldn't ask right off the bat like that! 😑

Rika:Hey, I like knowing details 🤗

Shino:Its quite alright. We had lot of fun! We went to Panera Bread for lunch and just spent time talking about some things of the past and what to do later on.

Rika:Sounds boring. 😒 Like where is the details?

Sugu:Rika, quit it. She doesn't have to share it all if she doesnt want to🙄

Shino:You guys crack me up. 😊

Sugu:Glad we make you laugh! Also thanks for making oniichan smile. Havent seen him this happy in so long. You need to come over soon so we can all hang out! Maybe meet up in ALO? We can all raid tonight 😁

Keiko:Yeah!

Shino:Okay. When should we meet up in ALO?

Sugu:I gotta do some kendo practice, but maybe in about 2 hours? 🤔

Shino:Sounds good to me. 😊

Rika:Ugh fiiine. I'll see you guys then. 😒

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shino finished her instant noodles and some soda, then got up to clean her mess up.

She turned around to her desk and looked at a specific drawer that had the model gun. The same gun the robber had at the bank so long ago. She opened it slowly and pulled the gun out while holding it in both of her hands. Her body started to shake just like it always had when she thought she was overcoming her fear of guns, but this felt different.

Not only did the memories of when she was little came rushing back, but so did when she was in GGO with the whole Death gun incident and with Kyuoji.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Kyouji was right on top of Shino with the serum ready to jab the needle in her if she wouldnt cooperate. She couldnt get herself to move with how much fear she was feeling.

"Asada-san...my Sinon...you're mine." Kyuoji said sounding insane. This wasnt the friend she knew when they first met...all of it was a lie to her. He moved his hands up Shino's shirt and she put both of her hands on his to try and make him stop, but he only tightened his grip on her which made her start to hurt.

"Shino Asada...my Sinon...mine and mine alone...." He kept repeating over and over in her ear which made her sick to her stomach.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Her stomach started to feel queasy and she ran straight go the bathroom and puked.

The doorbell rang all of a sudden, and Shino quickly flushed the toilet, then headed over to the sink to brush her teeth, then headed over to look in the peephole of her door.

A familiar black haired young man was standing in her doorway with a greeting smile. "Shino, are you home?" He asked.

"Y-yeah.." she opened the door and smiled weakly at him.

Kazuto's brows furrowed and gave Shino a look of concern. "Shino..what's wrong? You look pale as a ghost." She shook her head slightly and kept her weak smile on her lips.

"I'm fine.." she said weakly. Kazuto shook his head. "That's a lie. I can obviously tell you're not fine. What happened? Tell me the truth." He said as he crossed his arms.

Shino sighed softly and replied, "I thought..I could handle holding the model gun in my hands again...but the thoughts of when I was little came rushing back...the death gun incident...and what Kyuoji tried to do.." She could barely finish as tears started to come down her cheeks.

Kazuto closed the door behind him and led Shino into her apartment, then wrapped his arms tightly around her. She clutched onto his shirt and started to sob uncontrollably.

After a little while, Shino calmed herself down and stopped crying. She felt Kazuto rubbing her back gently and it made her feel at ease. She looked up and at him and was greeted with a soft smile. "Are you feeling better?" He asked her calmly and she nodded. "Yeah. Thanks to you, Kazuto." She replied with a wry smile.

"Good. Dont feel ashamed of what happened. You're still healing from something that was traumatizing for you and you're getting better as you go. No matter what, I'm always gonna be right here for you whenever you need me." He reasurred her as he rubbed her back again. Shino smiled and snuggled close in Kazuto's arms while she felt safe and sound. Kazuto was truly her safe haven.