Bucky Barnes X Reader - Waking up in Vegas

A/N- This imagine was inspired by the song Waking up in Vegas by Katy Perry. It's cheesy 00's pop and therefore I love it.

You groaned as you stretched your arms out above your head, smiling at the strip of sun that fell over your skin from the gap in the curtains. You allowed your eyes to drift open, revealing the ceiling, and you smile continued. It would have remained all morning had you not forgotten the man you had brought back to your hotel room the day before. But soon enough you heard him clear his throat, standing awkwardly in the entrance to the room in a pair of trousers and nothing else. You yelped as you scrambled from the bed, grabbing for anything to cover yourself with until you realised that you were wearing a shirt, which you assumed belonged to the man in front of you.

"Hi," he muttered softly, biting down on his lip as he watched you glance around the room in shock. It was indeed your room, and it was filled with your things, your bag was leaning against the wall, your clothes strewn over the back of the chair.

You raised your eyebrows at him, releasing a small scoff. "Hi," you answered him, disbelief etched into your voice as you continued to stare. "Why are you in my room?" you asked him when he just stood there, unmoving.

"I woke up in your bed," he muttered quietly, "you're Y/N, right?" he paused for a moment, watching you nod, your eyebrows still knitted thoroughly together. "I'm James," he added, "my friends call me Bucky." You shifted uncomfortably on the spot as he held his hand out for you to shake, but when you lifted your hand you hesitated, seeing the ring on your wedding finger.

"Fuck," you hummed, pushing past him and over to the vanity in the corner of the room. Sure enough there was a print out from a chapel, you grabbed for it, holding it up to him and shaking your head. "Tell me you didn't marry me," you demanded, though your voice shook slightly, mimicking the movement in your hand as you glared at him.

He looked dumbfounded as he took the paper from your hand, glancing over your shoulder and nodding for you to look back at the table. Hidden under the paper was a photo, printed on glossy paper, of the two of you clinging to one another. "I was so drunk," he started, watching as you sat down on the end of the bed.

"We could get it annulled." He glanced down at you, watching you bury your face into your hands.

"You can't get an annulment after the marriage had been consummated," he told you softly, standing a few feet away and with no clue of how to calm your shaking body. "But I'm happy to sign divorce papers."

You let out a shaking sob, "my mum's gunna be so mad at me," you yelped, wiping furiously at the tears that escaped your eyes. "How could I be so stupid," you spat out suddenly, causing him to jump slightly as you quickly got to your feet, storming towards the bathroom and slamming the door behind you. The sounds of your retching echoed through the door, surrounding Bucky as he followed after you.

"I can go to a drug store if you need something," he called to you, only to hear your release another sob. "Can you open the door?" he asked softly, listening until he heard the lock click open. After a short pause he pushed the door open, settling himself on the edge of the bathtub and glancing down at you. "Is this from the drinks or from the idea of being married to me?" he joked, only for you to shoot him a glare.

"You're a dick," you spat at him, causing him to let out a short chuckle.

You knitted your brows together as you watched him laughing, and he gave you short shrug. "If only you knew how many times someone had told me that," he muttered lightly, leaning forward slightly. "What's your usual hangover cure?"

"Coffee," you told him, "and painkillers."

He nodded slightly, shifting to pat your shoulder lightly before getting back to his feet. "I won't be long," he murmured as he made his way out of the room, leaving you sitting on the bathroom floor, looking like a complete mess.