Ch 4: We'll Just Deny It.

A/N: Some if you vibes at the end. ;).

•••

Jisoo curled her hair, reapplied her lip gloss and wondered for the umpteenth time of the night why in the world she agreed to go out on a date with Jennie.

Sure, they had shared two amazing, knee weakening kisses. Maybe a little more than just kissing, there might have been some groping involved.

Yeah, Jisoo could admit that she hadn't really been able to stop thinking about what could have happened had they not been interrupted.

Okay, Jennie was possibly one of the most attractive women on the planet and... wait, what was she getting at? Oh, right. There was not a plausible reason she should be going out on a date with Jennie. They didn't even like each other... mostly. The lines were getting kind of blurry.

'What am I doing? This has to be some evil scheme!' The thought couldn't quell the butterflies fluttering in her stomach when a knock sounded from her apartment door.

"I'll get it!"

Jisoo could hear Lisa practically running toward the door. She rolled her eyes and looked herself over once more in the bathroom mirror. "Here goes nothing."

The moment their eyes locked Jisoo felt the stirrings of desire encompass her. Jennie's salacious grin and smoldering gaze only fed the growing fire between them. Jisoo smirked back, swirling brown gaze trailing appreciatively along Jennie's figure.

"Well," A slow grin spread along Lisa's lips. She fought an amused laugh when her two friends instantly flushed and averted their gazes. "You two should get going."

Jennie clutched at her handbag. Clearing her throat and chancing a glance in Jisoo's direction.

"R-Right. I made reservations so... yeah."

Twenty minutes and an uncomfortably silent car ride later, Jisoo found herself sitting across the table from Jennie in a fancy dimly lit restaurant that just screamed date. The brunette spared a brief glance at Jennie over the cover of her menu before awkwardly clearing her throat.

"You look... nice. I like your," Jisoo took in Jennie's figure for the umpteenth of the night. Gaze settling distractedly upon Jennie's ample cleavage. She swallowed nervously and tore her gaze away. "Shirt. I like your shirt."

"Thanks. It's, uh..." Jennie cursed the heated flush seeping across her cheeks. Jisoo better like her damn shirt. Jennie had spent the better part of an hour rifling through her closet to find the right outfit. "You look nice too."

The rest of their meal was spent casting shy glances when they thought the other wasn't looking.
The few times that their gazes locked, both women blushed furiously.

The little conversation they managed to maintain was riddled with stuttered words, unfinished sentences, and shaky eye contact.

They gave up talking all together once their food arrived and the rest of the night was spent in uncomfortable silence.

By the end of the evening they found themselves standing awkwardly in front of Jisoo's apartment building. Forced smiles upon their lips.

"I had a nice time." Jisoo offered politely. She glanced up at her apartment window and could make out the faint outlines of Lisa and Rosé.

No doubt the two meddlers were watching them. Jisoo resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the thought. She shifted her gaze back to a blushing Jennie.

"Yeah. Me too." All Jennie could think about was getting home, taking a relaxing bath, and forgetting the entire night ever happened.

She felt like an idiot for even thinking Jisoo might actually like her back. It was a foolish whim.