Thirty Four

FIVE YEARS LATER

FIVE YEARS LATER . . .

Things changed.

Some relationships stayed intact, some formed but one isn't.

Lives changed, in fact turned upside down.

During those five years, things changed.

One is happy with their lives. The other one isn't.

They never expected how their lives would turn out.

It's a cold morning, everyone follows their daily routines — attending school, college, university or even work.

A pair of footsteps approach the entrance of a building.

The figure swiftly enters the building of a well-renowned company and takes the lift. Finally reaching the first floor, the figure steps out of the lift and walks to the hallway on the way to the office, causing heads to turn, receiving giggles and greetings.

Opening the door to his personal office, the figure walks in, greeted by his personal assistant and takes a seat down on the spinning leather chair. The figure lets out an exhale before speaking. "Morning, Jaehyun."

"Good morning, Mr Kim." Jaehyun replies, leaning back on his chair.

He checks through Jaehyun's paperwork. "I hope you've finalised the deal with the company we contacted."

"Yup, all done and dusted, sir. We're just waiting for the documents to arrive so you can sign them and send them off to the company. Then the deal and the collaboration is officially final." Jaehyun replies and nods.

He breathes out a sigh of relief. "Okay, thanks." Then a knock on the door is heard. "Come in!"

The door opens, revealing Namjoon. "Hey there, Taehyung."

Taehyung smiles slightly. "Hi, Namjoon."

Jaehyun and Namjoon greet each other. Next, Namjoon enters Taehyung's office and sits on the chair opposite him. "So, I didn't see you this morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, I did." Taehyung replies, tapping his pen against his desk. "You?"

"Of course I did." Namjoon grins.