Life of Death

I. Am sorry.
(Y'all know it's gonna be a doozy when I gotta apologize before the chapter even starts.)

~

She survived, lived and died from the poison coming back twenty odd years later. She was supposed to be sixty-eight though she looked forty five at best.

Steve and Jess did get married, a white gown and black roses speckled with silver paint tying her past to the present. Bucky walked her down the isle before taking his place beside Steve as best man. There were no parents, no family other than the one they found, or were found by.

Bucky helped with the proposal as well, "just give her a ring and say 'marry me.' She'll say yes you punk."
Natalia was the maid of honour, stood with Wanda and Pepper, and planed almost the entire thing. Silver didn't care, all she needed was something white to wear, her daughter and friends present. Aly was playing the roll of flower girl and as a joke, Peter the ring bearer.

Natalia and Bucky got married a year after the two, Clint walked her down the isle, Lila the flower girl and her brothers the ring bearers. All the Avengers stood at both the weddings, but in different orders and some switching the sides of the couple.

There were no other children born from either couple, Pepper and Tony had a baby. A girl, they named her Maria after Tony's mom. On long nights when they couldn't handle the screams from the child Natalia or Silver would take her, one wishing that this could be hers and one pretending that it's a memory of Aly. No memory's of her as a baby came back to the mother.

Thor and Loki both have rooms in the tower, used often but always empty. They spent few hours in them and instead spent hours with their friends and their family. Hiemdal even came to earth once but only quickly. "Can't leave the idiots alone for long. They'll break Asgard." With a flash he was off again.

Years passed, and so did fights. Fights with each other and fights against people who were trying to kill everyone or a few meaningful people at a time.

The love that they all share mutually never dimmed nor faded. Grudges held but didn't bloom to anything else, they stayed at least partially hidden. Aly and Peter stayed best friends, Aly met Ned and they made fun of and helped Peter.

The tower could no longer be called home with S.H.E.I.L.D. taking over it, so everyone moved upstate to the new compound. They all learned to work together even better then before, Natasha and Silver taught Wanda, Aly and Lila to dance in sync with each other. Splits forming mid air, smiles wide, arms in the proper places.

The mother and daughter spent many hours out in the yard, running around and training as they called it. Learning to climb trees and jump between them, giving Silver the one worry. She never had someone teach her how to do this she only has adrenaline and fright to push her to do it.

Hela was heard from again, only to come collect Silvers damaged soul and take her to Valhalla, where the rest of the Avengers  were guarantied a place under her new rule. To wait and train for Ragnorok.

She has her own floor, empty but with rooms on it to spare. Oddly enough the amount of doors correspond to the exact number of Avengers-minus three because of the whole marriage thing and Thor supposedly being immortal-sparking a smile on both hers and Hela's lips. Turns out the goddess of the dead can give a pretty good tour.

Her funeral was full of tears and stoned over faces. The coffin was a barn wood, the inside a silver sheet with black lace and a blood red pillow.

Her grave will never be bare of flowers, with her daughter, husband and James visiting weekly to remove the old flowers and leave new ones. With Tony having a payment plan and sending flowers there for her birthday, the day they all met her and her death day. Natalia and Wanda leaving a specific type of flower when they go together with a thermos of tea each, pretending that Silver is there to participate in the conversations.

Now Steve has lost both of the loves in his life, the romantic kind at least. Out living both of them by years. Joining Silver in Valhalla after only ten years of separation, he passed in a fight he could not control, saving one his friends that would join the couple only eight months later. "Clint what the hell?!"
"Fuck off. I've had a bad day man."

Slowly the other Mortal Avengers appear on the floor, James and Nat almost one after another, the same battle lost for them but saved by a youngster who they would not give a name too. Sam shows up on a Tuesday, he lost a fight in a bar a bullet to his chest. "Well, for the first time ever I can say I'm Holy."

Tony walks into the dining hall during last meal with his Valkyrie trailing behind him with the most annoyed and pissed off look the woman could probably muster. "Yup. I out lived you younger people. Bite on that."
"Three of us are older than you Tony. And all three of us knew your father."
"Shut up Death and eat your potatoes."
"I don't even have a plate."
"What ever."

Bruce is one of the last to come, eyes darting around as he follows Brun a Valkyrie that Silver had made friends with by decapitating. Who knew you could make friends like that? The table that the rest of his friends normally sit around empties as the people stand and hold him. He didn't want to die the way he did, the fight was not his but another's. He took the knife, and not even the Hulk could stop the inevitable. The entire hall was silent as they watched Silver Death almost cry at the sight of a man that seemed rather scared and anxious.

When Wanda walked in the ladies of the table stood, beating their goblets on the table, greeting their friend with a hug, tears will be shed away from prying eyes. Vision only lasted a day without his girlfriend on earth with him. "Vis you're late! Get your butt over here and help us!" The daily battle was interesting once he realized he was not alone in the hotel.

Months passed. Hela finally walked into the feast hall with one hand gripping tightly to a mans arm, Wanda cries out at the sight of her brother. "Alright Silver Death. I have paid my debt, here is the boy."
"Thank you Hela. I mean it."

With a whirl of green and black robes she leaves the hall again. Leaving the siblings holding each other.

Five more years pass, Peter and Aly walk in hand in hand. Knuckles white. The hall has grown with the passed years but all know that when that one table gains a new member they are treated with respect, that are treated highly. Everyone knows that Hela had to pay a debt to Silver Death, and instead of going back to life she cashed it in to re-unite siblings. They know that Death has sent many souls here and to the other places that the dead go. So when a woman, maybe 25 years old screams out "Mom!" and runs at the feared Death who is in tears this time and running at her child that they are not to be questioned, but to be respected. When they explain why they are there, and that they died saving people trapped in a hostage situation that they have a right to sit at that table.

Peter just about died twice in the same day with Tony screaming at him for dying. He ended up hugging the boy and tearing up with fright.

Thor came for regular visits, sitting with that table rather then his designated seat at the head table. Why would he sit there if his friends and family were so close by?

That's that. Have a great life y'all, lemme know if there is any confusion or questions about the book.

P.S. Rewrote this chapter three times. I just couldn't (can't) get it right.