thirty-six

Namjoon paced back and forth in front of the door. He couldn't belive he'd sent that text. It had been a spur of the moment thing.

As soon as he sent it had, he had immediately regretted it, he should have had the courage to say those things in person. But he was meeting Jin now, so he guessed he had to find that courage real soon.

He could do this, seeing Jin's face his resolve flattened a bit. Jin just raised one eyebrow, surprised to see Namjoon here so quickly. "Are you ready?"

Gluping hesatinly, he hastily nodded. Smiling at how adorable cute Namjoon was being, Jin started to walk, but Namjoon just stood there staring at Jin's back. He was shaking a bit, eyes trained on Jin's back.

He still had a sexy back. "Are you coming" Jin yelled out and shaking those perverted thoughts out of his mind he ran up to the younger.

Walking alongside Jin, Namjoon gulped at a loss for words. Their was a silence between them, but Namjoon had never heard a silence quite so loud. "Sooo?" Jin finally mummered and Namjoon just stared at him.

"Sooo? Namjoon teasinly replied, and Jin swatted at him. The awkward tension between them quickly disappearing. Groaning Jin asked a question he dreaded, "Did you really mean those things?"

Namjoon gulped here it was the part he didn't want to happen. He swiftly nodded, he meant every word. Jin smirked "Use your words Joonie."

Namjoon wrinkled his nose, Joonie. Really? It was so cringy. But Jin was saying it, so he'd let it be.

It sounded better coming out of Jin's mouth at least, in all honestly everything sounded better when he said it. "Y-Yeah." Namjoon finally mumbled, face turning a uncontrollable shade of red.

Jin sighed "Why couldn't you have told me before?" he mummered kicking a rock along the path in frustration.

Namjoon frowned, probably because he was a fool before. Sure he had a IQ of 148, but he hadn't even been smart enough to figure out he loved Jin.

"I was scared" he replied softly, and he was, scared of these feelings. They felt all too real, he was scared of being rejected. Scared of being without Jin. He had been through that once, and it was the worst.

He never wanted it to happen again.

Namjoon was scared, but he was done letting fear get the best of him. He was done letting fear control him.

Jin however was not scared, he knew what he wanted. His heart was beating rapidly as he stared at the mesmerizing beauty in front of him. Namjoon wasn't perfect.

No one was. No one would ever be. But he was perfect to Jin, with his faults, his weaknesses, his pimples. The bad hair days, he didn't mind any of them.

They made Namjoon, Namjoon. His shyness, the way he would immediately start worrying about the simplest things. When he blew a kiss to a fan, when he ate the last slice of pizza. He was always so insecure.

And all that made Jin love Namjoon so damn much, he just wanted to be with him. He just wanted to hold him, have him in his arms forever.

He wanted to keep Namjoon's innocence all to himself. Innocence in Jin's vocabulary was different, it wasn't the person who was pure and holy.

Becuase Namjoon sure wasn't. Innocence wasn't ruined if you were a hoe, you enjoyed doing it, wore sluttly clothes. Thought dirty thoughts, read dirty books, watched dirty movies.

To Jin that didn't determine innocence, Namjoon was innocent in the sense of his heart, no matter how much what he had gone thorough.

He still had a heart, he felt bad when he saw someone hurt, he felt sad when he sees someone homeless. He cared, and if one bothered to look deep enough.

They would see what Jin saw, the beauty he truly was, that innocent light inside his eyes. That was what Namjoon innocent, that was what made all of them innocent. Goodness.

"I still love you, you know." Jin mummered softly, hands aching to each our to hold Namjoon. He held them down, as the younger's head immediately snapped up.

And his eyes growing big like a little kid who had just been told, that he was going to get icecream he stared at Jin in wonder.

"You do?" He asked delicately.

Jin sighed of course he did, it was hard not too. "I do, but I can't be with you."

~~~~~~~

Love yourself is the best.

I love this album and the message behind it so much.
😭😭😭