|18| no peeking

It's been just over a week since Tye asked me to be his girlfriend. We've been on a date or two since then and so far everything is going perfectly.

When I arrive to work it's only Gretchen there, who looks just as confused as I am.

"Where is everybody?"

"I don't know. Usually Teddy would be here by now."

"They're out of town." Taehyung enters the room. I guess he didn't keep his bright red locks for too long. Instead this time his hair has been dyed jet black. It suits him really well, since he has no soul.

"Out of town?" I ask.

"Teddy has a trip and Winter isn't feeling well, so it's just you two today."

Gretchen and I gape at him, then at each other, then back at him.

"Are you crazy?! Do you understand how busy this place gets? The two of us can't possibly do everything ourselves!"

"I'll be in the kitchen but I'll try to help out as well. We'll just have to make it work."

"But three of us is still not enough. We'll be spreading ourselves too thin."

"Well where do you expect me to find—?"

The door chime rings.

"Obi-Wan never told you *woosh* what happened to your father." Jungkook shouts. We look over at the door to see Jungkook and Jimin waving lightsabers at each other, role-playing a battle like kids.

"He *grunt* told me enough. He told me you killed him! *woosh*" Jimin replies. Jungkook stands on one of the tables and holds his lightsaber above his head.

"No Jimin... I AM your father!"

"Noooooooo!"

"What on Earth are you two doing?" I scoff amusingly.

"We found these in the park, pretty cool right?" Jimin replies, breaking character.

"Uh, yeah if you're 9."

"Hey, what if the boys help us? Just for today?" Gretchen asks Taehyung.

"No way. I'm trying to get rid of them every day as it is, there's no way they can be serious for more than five minutes."

"Oh come on Tae," Jungkook hops down and tosses an arm around him.

"If staff are short today Chim Chim and I would love to help. You're always saying we spend so much time here we might as well get hired anyway."

"I told you not to call me that." Jimin whispers and kicks him.

Tae looks at them both and rolls his eyes. "Whatever, I don't care that much. Just don't screw about." He walks back to the kitchen while the boys salute behind him.

Jungkook looks at Gretchen and I whilst rubbing his hands. "Sooo since we're basically waitresses for the day, do we get to come into the changing room with you girls?"

My eyes roll.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌸

Gretchen works behind the counter while the guys and I wait on tables. Usually Taehyung stays in the kitchen, but I'm getting to see him juggle different roles at once. As well as making all the food he's doing orders with me and helping Gretchen with the cash register since that's usually Winter's job.

The cafe is busy as usual, so seeing him effortlessly pull off so many tasks at once is impressive to say the least.
I remember my first day here when Teddy and I were talking outside, she told me Taehyung was good at many things. I see that now.