Chapter 33

Chapter 33

" Me next. " Dahlia and Jami cried as everyone took turns trying to lift Thor's hammer and I rolled my eyes. " I don't think it counts if you two can."

" Whats that supposed to mean?" Dahlia questioned, her hands on her hips and I smirked. " Your a figment of energy, conjured by not only by my mind, but also of an unstable source of power."

" I'm not seeing your point." Dahlia grumbled and Chloe sighed. " We aren't real people. Besides, I've tried, it doesn't work."

" Well of course, your a kleptomaniac." Jami said and Chloe's blue eyes burned brighter before she elbowed me. " Why not have Aria give it a try."

" No, I'm good."

" Come on, Aria." Jami pleaded. " Please."

" Yeah, Aria, please." Tony taunted, mimicking Jami's voice, and I rolled my eyes before getting up, and moving toward the hammer. Thor sipped his drink in amusement as everyone leaned forward, and I let out a breath, before grasping the handle of the ancient weapon but as I made to lift, a wave of nausea rushed through me and I stumbled backwards with a hand over my mouth. " Aria?" Chloe questioned and I shook my head as I sat back down. What had I just seen. 

A high pitched noise filled the air, and Tony checked his phone in confusion before one of Tony's suits limped into the room.  " How could you all be worthy? Your all killers."

" Jarvis. " Tony called out but there was no response.

" Sorry, I was asleep, or maybe I was a dream? And I was tangled in strings. Had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy"

We all stared at the robot in confusion before I mentally spoke to Chloe. " Can you shut it down?"

" Somethings preventing me.

" You killed someone?" Steve asked.

" Wouldn't have been my first call. Plus, out in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

" Who sent you?"

" A suit of armor around the world." He said in response to Thor's question, using some sort of recording to sound like Tony.

" Ultron." Banner in shock

" In the flesh, or no, not yet. Not this chrysalis, but I'm ready. I'm on a mission."

" What mission?" Natasha asked and he looked directly at us. " Peace in our time."

" Chloe, Jami." I cried just before robots crashed through the walls, and the two of them moved as one, opening a portal to get Rhody and Banner's friend to safety, while Dahlia pulled a bat from thin air and tossed it to me.

It was Chaos as debris went everywhere, and things exploded. At one point, I got so annoyed that I kept missing, that I tossed the bat aside and used my telekinetic abilities to rip one of the  robots in half, before throwing it at the wall. The top half it started to crawl back toward me and I rolled my eyes before sucking in a huge breath, and let out a banshee like scream, which seemed to disable it. This neat ability I had discovered after a prank of Dahlia's had gone wrong; mom's favorite vase had not survived.

Everything came to end when Steve chucked his shield at the final robot, and I went check on Tony who had fallen down the stairs in own battle with one of the robots.

" That was dramatic." Ultron said. " I know you mean well, you just don't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you dont want it to change. How is humanity saved, if it's not allowed to evolve. " He picked up one of the broken robots. " With these? These puppets." He questioned as he crushed it's head. " Only one last piece, the avenger's extinction." He said before Thor threw his hammer at the robot but as the light faded from his eyes, he sang out. " I once had strings, but now I'm free."

"That's not creepy at all." Dahlia said before she, Chloe and Jami vanished.

********

" What do you mean I cant come?" I complained.

" It's to dangerous, Aria."

" I'm not a kid, and the last time I checked, I dont have to listen to you. I'm an avenger too, so you can't leave me-"

" Your not an Avenger, Aria. Your a distraction, and if you get hurt-"

" I took down two intergalactic warlords, a god, and escaped from a prison, I can handle a few mercenaries."

" Aria-"

" This is my planet to, let me help protect it."

Tony stared at me for a few minutes before he let out a sigh.

Aria 2 - Tony 0