Chapter 10

“Truth?”

Sam stood up and started to pace around the room “me and Danny have been keeping this from you for years and it is about time you knew the truth”

“What truth is there?” Sam stopped pacing and stood in front of me “we weren’t exactly truthful about your parents” I looked up at him confused “you told me that our parents died in a car accident 15 years ago” Sam shook his head “they didn’t die in a car accident”

I went to stand up but he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back down “why did you lie?” Sam looked away from me “are my parents alive?” this was the first question which I thought of.

Sam sighed and looked back to me “this is the hard part” he knelt down in front of me and took my hands in his “just hear me out and don’t interrupt” I nodded my head for him to start.

“When your mum was your age she started to date this guy who drinks a lot and takes drugs. I never approved of him and I tried to get her to break up with him. She kept telling me she was in love with him and one day she told me the most horrible news, she was pregnant and it was his child”

He stopped making sure I was listening properly. I nodded my head for him to continue.

“I tried to get her to leave him but she refused because they were going to have a child together. She told me he was going to change for the baby but when the baby was born, he was worse. He was abusive to both your mum and your brother”

I felt my eyes water at the new information. Danny was abused by our father. That explains a few of the scars on his body.

“A few days after your third birthday was when it all happened” Sam took a deep breath and I squeezed his hands to help him. “Your dad was drunk and threatened to kill you. He tried to stab you but your mum got in between you and he stabbed her. Before he could do anything to you, Danny ran out of the house with you and ran to my house. When I went to your house, I found your mum’s body on the floor and the house empty”

I stared at my uncle as he told me the story. I could easily tell it is hard for him as he found his own sister’s dead body.

“You have to understand the reason we didn’t tell you the truth. We didn’t want you to go and find your dad so we told you the story on how your parents got into a car accident”

“If our dad is out to kill me then why did he take Danny and not me?”

“2 reasons. First, he knows he can get to you through Danny and second, he wants Danny to take over his gang when he’s gone” I looked up at him confused “why would he want Danny to take over the gang?” Sam sighed “the gang runs in the family. Your dad took over from his dad and he wants Danny to take his place”

Sam stood up and kissed my forehead “now, tomorrow you will go and stay at Harry’s apartment and you will go back to being normal” he walked out of the room and shortly after Harry came in.

“You okay?” I looked up at him and he frowned when he spotted the tears falling from my eyes. I shook my head and Harry walked over. He sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me as I rested my head in the crook of his neck “I’m scared” Harry kissed the top of my head.

I’ll protect you, always”

remember to vote and comment