21

Finally working on the couch at home after a long day of both classes and labs

Finally working on the couch at home after a long day of both classes and labs. My time today was spent with me attempting to listen while ignoring Chase's distracting comments on everything. A smile tugs at my lips thinking about it, but I shake my head once I realize that doing this, thinking about him this way, won't do me any good in the long run. It's not like I have feelings for him, it was just casual sex and now friendship. We're just friends.

I'm tapping away at my keyboard as the door behind me slams open. "Could you possibly be louder Faye? Can't you see I'm trying to study." I say sarcastically as I hear footsteps approach me.

The footsteps stop and she doesn't reply so I turn my head around only to see the focus of my thoughts staring down approvingly at my choice in attire. I'm currently wearing black cheeky boyshorts with lace trim, and one of the two of Chase's t-shirts that I currently have in my possession.

I blush and turn back towards my laptop. "You know staring won't give you the power to see through my clothes right?" As I go back to typing something random to make it look like I'm not flustered.

"Ah, it was worth a shot. You know that it's nothing I haven't seen before though, love," Chase says, bringing up our one night together once again, and I swear that I can hear the damn smirk in his voice. He comes and sits on the cushion next to where my knees are resting, probably giving him a great view.

I grumble and get up to go put pants on, now that Chase is obviously here to stay. Getting up as gracefully as I can manage, I still accidentally brush against him as I lean up.

He groans and I can hear it from the doorway of my bedroom. I throw on some grey joggers and tie Chase's shirt so that it doesn't fall past my butt. Walking back out, I see that Chase now has the t.v. turned on to a soccer game.

Sitting on the opposite side of the couch, I pull my laptop back onto my lap. Trying to focus is futile while I have Chase Alexander sitting with his arm up on the back of the same couch that I occupy.

Sighing, I turn to him. "Why are you here Chase?" Asking him the question that's been on my mind since he arrived unannounced. Chase turns to me, meeting my eyes.

"I'm here to hang out with my favorite brunette and watch the game of course." He says as if I'm crazy for asking.

I furrow my eyebrows. "I think I'm just going to go to my room to write this." I say, holding up my laptop to show my unfinished chem lab write-up. Chase stops me with his arm when I move to stand up.

"Wait, I actually wanted to ask you something."

I raise an eyebrow. "Okay, ask away."

"You gonna eat that?" He smirks and looks at the piece of cold meat lovers pizza on my coffee table that I hadn't gotten around to eating yet. I roll my eyes, getting off the couch and walking back to my room. "I hope you choke on it."

"The only person here that will be choking on anything is–" I slam the door before he can finish his sentence.

Leaving Chase to his own devices, I finish my write-up over the course of a couple of hours but find myself hesitating to leave as I wonder whether Chase is still in my living room or not. Putting my ear up to my door, I try to listen for any clue that he is still here. Hearing the game, I assume he is, and pause when I hear multiple voices and laughter.

Before I even get the chance to open my door, it is thrown open by Maddox who immediately looks down to my once again bare legs and lets his eyes wander back up to my face slowly, not missing my lack of bra in the white shirt.

"Hey Thompson, looking fine as always." He says with a wink.

"What are you doing here?" I question as I cross my arms against my chest, trying to peek behind his massive shoulders to see who else is here.

"You didn't think that you and Chase could hang out alone without us finding out about it did you?" I blush.

"It wasn't like that."

"Get dressed, we're all going out."

"All?" I ask as he moves aside to let me see Reece, Faye, and Chase all gathered around the kitchen island. Reece and Faye are acting like they've known each other forever.

Chase notices my lack of pants again and licks his lips while Reece's eyes don't even stray from Faye's face for a second. Trying to shut my door is effortless because Maddox stops it with his foot, walking in and making himself at home in my bed.

I just stand and look at him with my arms crossed against my chest. "Maddox, I need to get changed."

"Don't let me stop you." He says with a wolfish grin on his face. I mutter curses under my breath and turn around to face my wardrobe, looking for an outfit. Hearing a sharp inhale from behind me as I bend down to grab a pair of shoes, I choose to ignore it.

My head snaps to my door as I hear a fist pounding on it "Why the fuck is this door locked, Maddox?" I can hear Chase say calmly, but threateningly. Maddox raises a finger to his lips to silence me when I'm about to question him.

"Just helping dear Lexi get changed, Chase." He tries to stifle a laugh. He's trying to piss him off by making him jealous. I roll my eyes.

"Definitely go with the lace Lex. That's hot as fuck," Maddox groans loudly, making it sound like I'm trying on lingerie for him as I cover my mouth to laugh silently. Shaking my head, I motion for Maddox to turn around before pulling on a pink, lace bustier teddy underneath denim shorts, a black belt, and baby pink sneakers.

"Maddox." I whisper and gesture to my outfit questioningly once he turns around. He nods while mouthing perfect. He stands up and leans into my ear whispering "He's going to be pissed that I saw you in that first." I smile and mouth "I know" back to him before unlocking the door and walking right past a gawking Chase.

"So where are we going and please tell me it has food," I say to the room with my hands on my hips.