Chapter 6

I awoke by the sound of guards banging on the cells. I jolted up realizing that today I was going to be apart of the Dark Moons pack. I was going to be a Dark Moons pack member. A week ago my pack and I were talking about how our enemy pack was very cruel and now look. Almost forty, minus the rogue now, thirty-nine, people from the Blue Bloods pack were going to be official pack members for our 'enemy' pack. After the ceremony of acceptance.

The thought made my eyes widen. Today I was finally going to find out about the ceremony of acceptance. I shuddered thinking of what could happen. Rose laid a hand on my shoulder probably thinking the exact same thing. Her face almost looked green but I wasn't so sure. I turned to my mom who was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

The guards woke everyone up before sliding a tray full of breakfast into each cell. I inhaled the delicious aroma of food. Eggs, bacon, sausages and pancakes. Without another thought, I placed what I wanted onto my plate and sighed in pleasure.

For the first time in fivw days, we were actually getting breakfast. I didn't care that we were still in a cell. OK, actually I did. My wolf was bothering me to be let out. I had to admit, we really needed that run.

After eating breakfast, the room was full of conversations happening here and there. Some people were anxious because, like me, they didn't know exactly what happened during the ceremony of acceptance. Others wanted to get this over with and majority of us wondered were we would be staying once we were accepted into the pack.

Back at our pack, most of the pack members who had families settled in their own homes, while some people who had no family whatsoever lived in the pack house. But don't think wrong, I said some people. Others lived in the pack house for many different reasons.

We stayed in the cells for a bit longer before we were let out by guards. Rose tapped my shoulder giving me a questioning look. Even though the ceremony was tonight and we had no access to the time, I knew deep down it was not time yet.

What if Alpha Thaddeus decided not to do the ceremony after all? What if he just changes his mind and makes us all become a rogue?

My wolf growled in fury at me. Don't you dare talk about our mate like that!

My wolf was anxious and annoyed. We hadn't shifted in almost five days and she was becoming angry. She wanted to be let out but I had to control her or else the next time we saw our mate, she'd force me to mark him.

The guards separated the males and the females. The females went with female guards while the males went with the males. I still had no idea were we were being taken to.

But the older female guards turned to us. "We are sending you all to clean yourselves and pick out appropriate clothing. The alpha decided to conduct the ceremony earlier than expected so everyone must look presentable in an hour."

The other guard behind her spoke up. "So just follow us. We will have to do this in order. So the young ones line up first."

She stood in front and waited for all the younger girls to line up. Beth and Savannah went ahead with six other girls between the ages of four to twelve.

The majority of females here were adults or elderly. To see that much females so young and lost broke my heart. They looked at everything as if they didn't know what was happening.

The other guard took the girls somewhere to clean and dress themselves. "All the elderly now may step forward."

The elderly all did step forward so they moved fast and sent them off. "The rest may come with me."

We followed her towards a big room where clothing was put out on the bed. They had at least seven bathrooms to go clean ourselves in. Immediately some girls headed towards the washrooms while most stayed to pick out the clothing.