Back to Hogwarts!

Mrs. Weasley spent the morning panicking to make sure everyone had all the stuff they needed for school and a delicious breakfast. By 10AM they were all piling into 3 taxis and heading to Kings Cross Station.

Lacey was sitting in between Fred and George in the backseat of the car and Mrs. Weasley was in the front beside the driver to make sure they behaved themselves.

Lacey was very quiet while the Weasley's were chatting. She was just staring straight ahead, thinking about everything.

"Hey, you alright?" Fred whispered in her ear while holding her hand.

"Yeah, just relaxing before the chaos."

Fred's fingers were intwined with Lacey's and both of them enjoyed the electric feeling from it. Lacey had a permanent pink blush on her cheeks and Fred was smiling happily.

Man, I really hope Cedric can make me feel this way. I don't want to ruin Fred and my friendship. Lacey was thinking to herself.

Fred's thoughts were completely opposite. He hoped Lacey and Cedric realized that they were better off as friends and that Lacey was in love with Fred as much as he was in love with her.

After what seemed like only 5 minutes the taxi pulled up in front of the train station and Fred reluctantly let go of Lacey's hand. He went to the trunk and grabbed both his and her trolley and the group headed inside and to the Hogwarts Express platform.

Mrs. Weasley hugged everyone goodbye and Apparated back home once they were all on the train.

The 4th years and Ginny said goodbye to the 6th years to find their own compartment. Lacey, Fred and George were waiting on Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson.

"LACEY AURORA RYDER-LUPIN!"

Lacey spun around and yelled back, "ANGELINA JOHNSON!"

The two girls ran to each other and hugged.

"Guess Fred and I are just diddly squat compared the THE Lacey Lupin," George said sarcastically.

"Yeah. Pretty much," Angelina said, hugging both boys.

"Where's Lee?" Lacey asked Angelina.

"Right here, sweet stuff," Lee said from behind her, checking her and Angelina out, "Summer has been kind to you both, ladies."

Lacey rolled her eyes and hugged him and Angelina just hit his shoulder playfully. Fred gave him a dirty look and took Lacey's hand to lead her to a compartment and temporarily away from Lee.

The five teenagers piled into a free compartment and sat down. Fred, Lacey and Angelina on one side and George and Lee on the other.

George began telling the two newcomers about the Quidditch Cup and Angelina looked frightened about what could have happened to her best friend.

"Thank goodness Fred was there to save the day," Lacey said, looking into his eyes.

Fred smiled sweetly to her, "can't leave my best friend behind."

"Okay, you two," Lee started, pointing at Lacey and Fred, "are you two dating or what's going on?"

"Nothing! Nothing's changed at all," Lacey said a little too quickly.

"Yeah, nothing. Unfortunately.." Fred said.

Lacey's mouth widened, shocked he had said that. Up until now neither of them have voiced their feelings for each other, and he just said it in front of three other people.

"Ooooookay. Well, this just got really awkward. Congratulations Lee, you did well this year already," George said.

"Let's go, um, change into our school robes Angelina. We'll, um, see you three in a bit," Lacey said to the boys, avoiding Fred's eyes.

Once they were out of earshot Angelina stopped Lacey, "spill."

Lacey poured out all her thoughts onto Angelina. Feeling better instantly. Angelina gave her the same advice Hermione did; go on the date with Cedric and decide then.

The girls changed quickly and went back to the compartment. Only Lee was there because Fred and George went to change as well.

"So I guess Lacey is taken now, guess it's just me and you, Angel," Lee said, wiggling his eyes at Angelina.

"In your dreams, Lee."

"Accurate," he replied.

Lacey laughed at Lee's odd interaction with Angelina. She knows that he has a huge crush on Angelina but she has no clue. Lee covers it up by flirting with both girls.

"And Lacey isn't taken," she said to him.

"Oh, well then. How about you and I then?"

Lacey continued laughing, "sure. Are you going to tell the twins or should I?"

Lee's face dropped and he sat down, sulking slightly. The girls laughed at him until Fred and George came back. Then Lee went to change.

The rest of the train ride was uneventful but they had an enjoyable conversation about their separate summers and what they thought the eventful news for this coming year was.

Being back at Hogwarts made Lacey very happy. Hogwarts has introduced her to a world of magic, new adventures and the most amazing friends, she couldn't be happier being home. She walked into the Great Hall mesmerized like it was her first time seeing it. George grabbed her arm to keep her moving toward the Gryffindor table so she wouldn't get trampled.

Once they reached their table Lacey spotted Cedric and told her friends she'd be right back.

"Hello beautiful," he said to her, smiling widely.

"Hello to you too. How was the rest of your summer?"

"Pretty boring. I heard what happened to you at the end of the Quidditch Cup. I'm glad you're okay."

"Yeah. Thank goodness Fred didn't leave me behind," she laughed, but he didn't. He didn't look like he found that funny.

"Yeah, I'm glad he was there. Wish I was there to help too," he said sweetly.

Lacey blushed deeply and let out a giggle.

"Are you still on for our date?"

"Yes! That's actually what I came over here to talk to you about. Wanted to make sure you still wanted to go with me."

"Lacey, nothing would make me happier than to accompany you to Hogsmeade."

She blushed again and they gave each other a quick hug because Professor Dumbledore had asked for everyone to be seated.

"You ditched us for Diggory?" Fred said.

"I didn't ditch you guys. I just went to say hi."

Fred didn't say anything to her after that. He practically ate dinner in silence and then the group went up to the common room.

"Goodnight," Fred said to the group as soon as they walked inside.

"What's with him?" George asked Lacey.

"I have no clue. He's your brother! I came back from talking with Cedric and he was acting all pissy. So much for never being mad at me again," she replied, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, I'll talk to him. C'mon Lee. We'll be right back."

"Don't worry about it. I'm going to bed too," Lacey said sadly.

Angelina followed her up the steps to their dormitory. Both girls unpacked their bags and got ready to sleep.

"Why is he acting so 'hot and cold' with you?"

"Honestly Angelina, I couldn't even tell you. I don't want this whole year to be about boy drama."

Angelina nodded and shut off the lamp. Until then Lacey had forgotten that she had been sleeping with Fred and sleeping on her own was going to be extremely difficult.