•19•

"Get him!" Yoongi orders as soon as the attacker goes down.

Several soldiers grab him, cuff him and take him away.

Jimin runs over to Hoseok and helps him up. "Are you okay?"

Yoongi goes down on his knees, clutching his shoulder.

Major Song Joong-ki was by his side in an instant.

"Call your wife," General Min hisses, "She's the only one I trust to take out this fucking bullet." He groans but gets up nonetheless. The Major nods and pulls out his phone. Yoongi begin walking out of the hall.

Hoseok appears next to him, stops him. "You should wait for an ambulance," he insisted.

The general scoffs, "You're kidding right? I can fucking walk."

"But there's a lot of blood."

He rolls his eyes, "Jung Hoseok, you do realize that the reason I'm like this is because of you, right? I had a clear shot at the guy before you jumped on him."

"He was going to shoot Jin-Hyung."

"No. He wasn't. I was going to shoot him down before he had a chance to pull the trigger, but you got in the way. For fucks sake, I could've shot you."

Hoseok opened his mouth, the closed it. Then looked down at the floor. General Min walked past him, didn't look back as he headed out.

Jimin placed his hand on Hoseok's shoulder and told him to let it go.

Seokjin walks over to them, grabbing Hoseok and pulling him into a hug, "Thank you," he whispered. "I can't imagine how scared you were."

Yeah, he had been scared out of his wits but he couldn't just stand by and see his friend get shot.

One of the soldiers nearby told them to head to the waiting room, the three of them walked there in silence, the adrenaline of the moment dying down.

The little girl was in the waiting room. As soon as they entered the room, she ran to him and hugged him. Seokjin smiles down at her, whispers, "I'm glad to see you're okay."

Captain Song took her away, assuring them that he would make sure she got to her mother safely. As he left Hoseok stopped him, the others watching him curiously.

"How's General Min?" he asks.

Captain Song smiles reassuringly, "He's been through worse. My wife is taking the bullet out as we speak so he should be fine."

Hoseok nods and lets him leave.

"Never knew you were so interested in General Min," Jin jokes.

A blush appeared on Hoseok's cheeks, faint but still evident. "I'm not," he insists. "I just feel bad because he had to save me."

"That's the second time he's gone out of his way to save you," Jimin notes. Hoseok doesn't comment.

"Kim Seokjin!"

Seokjin turns as a soldier calls his name. The soldier signals him to follow. Seokjin hears everyone whisper as he follows, the other candidates think that he's going to get a scolding for acting so recklessly.

He's lead to another building at the end of the courtyard. Seokjin wonders which building this is, seeing as he has yet to properly memorize the name of every building inside the palace walls. The soldier opens the door and tells him to go inside. The door hadn't finished closing when Seokjin felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around him and pull him in.

Namjoon crushes their bodies together. "Are you alright?" he whispers, not letting go. Also not letting Seokjin answer since his mouth was pressed against Namjoon's chest. "I told my soldiers to grab you, fuck, I told them to bring you with me, but Yoongi said they couldn't because I that would be suspicious. Then you went and ran in front of that gun and—damn it, Seokjin, never do that again."