Chapter 122: A Thousand Years

Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more. You are all I long for, all I worship and adore. In other words, please be true.

In other words, I love you.

The couple hugged happily as they looked over at their loved ones

The couple hugged happily as they looked over at their loved ones. Friends and family applauded them, and Tasha could see Hank crying from behind Connor. It was the most perfect moment Tasha could've ever dreamt of. She smiled as she tossed her flowers to the crowd, North being the one to catch them.

Tasha laughed, covering her mouth as she saw North's confused face. "What? Why are you laughing?"

"It's customary that whoever catches the bouquet will be the next to get married." Connor said factually, a small smirk on his face as he glanced over to Tasha.

"Umm, no. You can have them back!" North tried to hand them to Tasha but she ducked out of her way.

"Nope! They're yours now."

••

The couple mingled with the guests for a while before separating so they could speak to some individually. Tasha poured herself a glass of water, taking a small sip from it as she gazed across the way at Connor. He smiled back at her, his brown eyes the happiest she had ever seen them.

"Don't you look beautiful."

Tasha turned around to see Elijah Kamski smiling at her. "Oh, hey, Elijah! I'm glad you could make it."

"Of course. I wouldn't miss the first union of a human and an Android." He replied as he glanced back at Connor. "I shouldn't keep you, I just wanted to congratulate you personally before heading off."

Tasha nodded, "Well, thank you for stopping by! Perhaps we'll see each other sometime soon."

"Perhaps." Kamski gave her one last look before turning away. "Have a good night, Tasha."

•••

Tasha sighed contently as she sat down on her chair next to Connor's, finally a moment where they could just relax and bast in each other's company. "How are you enjoying our wedding, my darling?"

Tasha smiled at Connor, pressing a chaste kiss to his cheek. "It's perfect. Though I am particularly excited for what comes after." She winked playfully.

Connor smiled at her in adoration. "I am as well. I am enjoying myself but I would love to have you all to myself. Ah, here comes your admirer."

"Can I steal your wife for a moment?"

Tasha glanced up to see Gavin standing there, waiting for Connor's answer. He nodded, allowing Gavin to whisk Tasha off to a more private area.

"I can't leave my wedding!" Tasha giggled as he pulled her through the forest.

"We're not going far, princess. I'll get you back to your husband soon enough."

Tasha waited patiently as Gavin rummaged through the trunk of his car. "And why exactly couldn't you just set this gift with everything else?"

"I wanted to give it to you myself." He smiled slightly as he pulled out a beautifully wrapped rectangle looking thing, handing it to Tasha gently.

"Awe, you're sweet." Tasha smiled as she ripped the wrapping paper off, discarding it quickly to reveal the beautiful purple scrapbook. "Awe! Gavin!"

"Not so loud, princess." Gavin chuckled, smiling happily as she began to flip through the pages. "I know you like sentimental shit like this so I wanted to make you something, y'know? It's kind of lame but —"

"Lame?!" Tasha shook her head, gently setting the scrapbook down before pulling Gavin into a tight hug. "It's — it's the best. Thank you, Gavin."

Gavin smiled, holding her close for a moment before pulling back. "We better get you back before people notice your absence."

"I think Chris has that covered." Tasha pointed to the man who was talking through the microphone.

As Tasha and Gavin went back to their seats, Chris smirked at Tasha. "There's the beautiful bride! I've known Tasha for a long time, and boy do I have some stories to share."

••••