Chapter 2: Class 1-A

Dedicated Chapter Song: Middle Fingers - MISSIO

I'm a simple loner. Who the hell thinks that I care? I am not the party, middle fingers in the air.
(Hiromi)

It was really awkward the rest of lunchtime since All-Might insisted I be given another bowl of noodles and eat in the teacher's lounge until class started again

It was really awkward the rest of lunchtime since All-Might insisted I be given another bowl of noodles and eat in the teacher's lounge until class started again. He kept trying to ask me questions about what kinda quirk I had or what kinda hero I wanted to be but I shrugged him off and told him I didn't know nor did I care. I think he knows he made a mistake placing me in the hero course, but he just doesn't give up on me.

As if I didn't get enough attention from the cafeteria scene, now I had All-Might personally escorting me to class after lunch, which gained me some unwanted looks from various school members. Out of pure habit, I begin to reach for the door to class 1-C, until All-Might stops me. "That's not your class anymore."

I freeze. I'd somehow almost forgotten I'd been switched. It seemed to be the only thing we'd been talking about and yet I still forgot. "Right..." I lower my hand, catching a glimpse inside the window of the classroom to Emiko, who seemed to bragging on and on again about how rich her dad was. I grimace and follow All-Might immediately. There was no way I wanted to be in that class for another second.

As we approach class 1-A, All-Might decides to make a heroic and honestly quite embarrassing entrance for me. "Have no fear!" he laughs, grabbing me by the shoulders and shoving me inside the classroom. "Your new student is here!"

My shoulders tense up as I see class 1-A's teacher Mr. Shōta Aizawa, a slender and tall man with messy, shoulder-length black hair that partially hangs in front of his face and somewhat half-opened black eyes, glaring at the both of us for making a scene and interrupting the class. "All-Might..." he says monotonously from behind a cluster of scarfs wrapped around his neck. "Was there a reason for interrupting my class?"

"Why of course!" All-Might beams heroically, causing me to shudder. Why was everyone staring at me?! "I've brought you a new student! I'm sure you'll teach her well, Aizawa."

Mr. Aizawa just sighs and motions to me. "State your name."

"Do I have to?" I reply coldly. "I'm not exactly here to make friends."

The kid with spiky blond hair in the seat in front of me scoffs. When I look at him, he's sneering. "You think you're better than us or something?"

With a shake of my head, I turn away from him. "No. I just prefer to act alone and not make any friends. It's nothing personal. I've just learned not to trust anyone lately." I reply. "But I guess if I have to, you can know my name. I'm Hiromi. Just Hiromi. And my quirk is no one's business so please don't ask." the class is quiet except for a few whispers here and there, and the sound of uncomfortable shuffling.