The Future Lies With Them: VLD Next Generation

Name: Hope Kogane
Age: 17-24
Gender: female
Sexuality: Straight
Species: mostly human, but partially Galran.
Home planet: Earth
Birth planet: Earth

Quote: "I didn't ask for this, but this life chose me. And I'm not backing down now."

Personality: She's kind and trusting like her mother, though she can be a little hot headed like her father. She can keep a level head in any serious situation, though when it comes to her family or friends, there is absolutely no way to predict how she'll act. She's loyal to those she trusts and she'll do anything to keep them safe.

Appearance: Lana Condor

Family: Saraniko Shirogane (mother, alive), Keith Kogane (father, alive)

Love interest: None. But open.

Backstory:
She was conceived when her parents were in their early twenties. Her mother was twenty two and her father was twenty four when they had her, she was an unexpected surprise. Years later, she joined the galaxy Garrison when she was fifteen. And when she turned seventeen, she found out she was destined to become the paladin of the red lion. She was shocked, and tried to avoid this because she wanted to have a normal life. However fate had other ideas, and she accepted the role as the red lions paladin. Now she spends her days in space, trying to destroy what's left of the Galra empire.

Trivia:

• Her favorite color is red.

• Her parents gave her the name 'Hope' because her mother believed in the hope for a bright future for the universe.

• She has an unbreakable bond with her lion.

• Her bayard is a sword like her father used to have.

• She's one of the best fighters on the new Voltron team.

• She isn't very trusting of strangers, they have to earn her trust and respect before she can call them her friend.

Name: Aya
Age: 19-24
Gender: female
Sexuality: Straight
Species: Half Luxix, partially galra, partially altean.
Home planet: Olkarion

Quote: "I have never had a family before. So how can I fit in with yours?"

Personality: Brave and quiet, she prefers being alone to the companionship of others. But that's only because she's afraid they'll reject her. She doesn't trust others well, and it takes a long time before she can call someone her friend. Because of her past, she can be rather sharp and overcautious around others. Though when it comes down to it, she's selfless and loyal to those who have earned her respect.

Appearance: She has a violet tint to her skin, long white hair that she keeps in a braided bun, a slim face and figure, she stands at around 5'5, she has sharp blue irises and pupils, and her right arm is entirely cybernetic, because of her species, she was born with it.

Family: Liara (mother, alive), Emperor Lotor (father, alive).

Love interest: None. But open.

Abilities: Altean alchemy.

Backstory: She was conceived on Earth, but her mother, Liara, ran away to give birth to her. She wanted to find a peaceful planet to give birth to her child. She was born on Olkarion, her mother left her there to give her a chance at a peaceful life, knowing that she would be an immediate target for Haggars wrath. She was raised at an orphanage on Olkarion, and when she was fifteen, she joined the rebels on that planet, going up in the ranks and earning the title of Commander. When the new voltron team came to Olkarion, claiming they were looking for someone to pilot the blue lion. She was told that she would be the one to pilot the blue lion. She was hesitant to join despite her eagerness to destroy the Galra empire, but eventually she joined the team as the new blue paladin.

Trivia:

• She secretly hopes to find the family she never had in the Voltron team.

• She's the child of Emperor Lotor and Liara. Lotor has no idea she even exists.

• All she knows about her birth family is that her mother is like her, born with cybernetic attachments.

• She is Allura's apprentice, learning altean alchemy makes her feel connected with her ancestors.

• Her bayard is a bow and arrow.

• She doesn't believe she deserves a second chance at having a family.