o15

The Dome was swallowed up by darkness in a snap

The sound of cheers and claps died.

My breath hitched - I couldn't see anything. Everything turned pitch black.

There's no source of light inside the Dome except for the faint glow of the Champion's medal. My medal.

The green arc that's sorrounding the Capital's crest shone - making me so visible to the enemies. It's shining and glowing. I couldn't see anyone, but literally everyone could see me.

Like in the dark night sky, I was the only star. And anytime by now, someone would diminish my light and crave for me to fall.

"Yuta?" I tried to reach out for the space in front of me, but there's no one there. "Yuta?!"

I received no response from him, yet only heard a cry arising from the visitors.

Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.

I moved forward to do something but the light casted by the medal went with me, begging for attention.

I inhaled sharply, debating whether to remove the medal and throw it far away to refrain luring enemies. But I am the Champion now. Running away's not even an option. I should play by the rules and --

Boogsh!

A heavy weight slammed my body, making my back collide with the floor. I groaned. A man whose face was coated by darkness was hovering above me, his knees pressing down my arms to keep me from moving.

I hissed a curse.

"Hand me over the medal, Dong Sooji."

I gritted my teeth. "Never."

He tsked, pinning me harder to the floor. Then his hand tried to reach out for the medal on my chest.

I won't let anyone take what's mine.

Sickened and maddened, I kicked him in the groin with such force he's knocked away from my body.

I immediately got on my feet, clutching the medal tight. But no matter how hard I was hiding it, some of its light travelled at the open space in between my fingers.

My attacker quickly launched for me, his identity still unknown. We trade blow for blow in search of an opening, a chance to land that vital strike. But luck forbid me when I found out that he's wearing metal-shudded gloves.

Distracted by the fact that I'm unarmed and of the weight of my gown, his hand came up and hit me so hard, so squarely in the chest that I go flying back into a hard object - must be the chair that Nakamoto Taka was sitting on just now.

I hissed in pain, speaking inside my head that I had the disadvantage here, that I can't see my enemy but they can see me - and all because of this stupid, glowing medal.