Chapter Twenty-Two: This Concerns You Two, too

A/N: Yooo this chapter was long and a little touching to write. So if y'all are softhearted, I suggest you curl up with your fav blanket and start reading. Also, a bit of strong language from Sam.

It was Monday morning in Sam's, Lena's, and Kara's first period geometry class. They were all sitting at the same table, working on their project together. The teacher's class phone rang, and she picked it up.

"Yes? Uh huh... all three of them? Understood. I'll send them all down. Thank you." The teacher hung up and looked in the three girls' direction. "Lena, Kara, Sam."

All three of them looked up at her. "You three are to go to the principal's office. Everyone else, continue working."

They all turn back to each other. "Okay, what the hell did you two do?"

"Why do you always think we did something?" Kara asks, packing up her papers in her binder.

"Cause you two are mischievous when it comes to each other," Sam says smirking. 

"Shut up, Sam. If anyone's mischievous in this group of friends it's you," argues Kara.

Sam raises her hands at shoulder height, surrendering. "All right, all right, fair point," she says grinning. 

Lena didn't think anything of the situation but then tenses up, remembering what her brother said to her on Saturday. "Crap," she mutters under her breath.

Sam and Kara both look at her. "What's wrong, Lee?" Kara asks, tilting her head.

"I-I need to tell you both something. " She puts her stuff away in her bag and puts it over her shoulder. "Come on," she says, holding out her hand out to Kara. 

Kara gets her bag and takes her hand and Lena starts walking. "Come on, Sam."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." She follows them out the hall, putting her bag over her shoulder.

With Lena between the two girls, they all walk slowly to the main office downstairs. "Lena, what's going on?" Sam asks, concerned.

Lena puts her arm through Sam, pulling her close. "I kinda knew this was gonna happen sooner or later, and it's happening now. Okay, so not to boast or anything, but you guys know how I have insanely good grades and a master at science and going into engineering?" They both nod and looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "Well, I think I might be skipping a few years," Lena says quietly.

"Wait, what?" they both say with their brows furrowed.

"How many is a few?" Sam asks.

"Junior. Maybe even senior year," Lena says still quietly, looking down.

"Holy fuck," Sam says. "I mean it was bound to happen sooner or later, right? I mean practically the whole school knows how talented you are."

Lena chuckles a bit, looks up at her and sadly smiles as they head down the stairs. "Yeah, but I don't want to leave you guys. Especially you two." She squeezes Kara's hand and looks over at her. "Darling, are you okay? You're abnormally quiet."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," she says to the floor.

"Honey, you're speaking to the floor. And 'fine' for Kara Danvers means no, she's not fine. What's going on?" 

Kara raises her head so that her head is leveled again. "I was just thinking... Why have me and Sam with you if you're the one who's skipping grades?"

"Come to think of it, Kar's right. Why are we coming if this is about you?" Sam asks with her brow furrowed again.

"Yeah, that's something the principal will explain. Either that or there's something in store for you two as well." Lena opens the door to the main office, and the secretary lets them through to the office. She knocks on the door.