Part 6

"I'm so sorry this whole situation turned out this way, but I could never forgive you or your parents for what you did to us," a distant voice echoed around the cold, empty room.

I looked down at myself.

My hands and legs were chained.

I cried and cried, continuously rubbing my eyes, hoping that all of it was just a dream.

I couldn't bring myself to believe any of it. But it really happened and the past cannot be changed no matter how desperately I wanted it to.

It felt as if my life, my heart was brutally ripped from me.

I began to have trouble breathing and I suddenly blacked out.

I gasped and sat up on the bed. I was panting so hard and I clutched my chest. It hurt.

I bit my lips and cried again.

Whatever life I lived before this, I never want to go back to that. Ever.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I walked into Taehyung's room to wake him up to find that he was already awake.

I was surprised. It was only yesterday that I saw him sleeping so soundly as if he's dead. But now?

"Why are you already up before I could wake you?" I shuffled towards him and stood next to his bed.

He grinned softly and gently held my hand, "I was just so excited to have you as my personal tutor that I couldn't sleep actually."

I got confused. "What do you mean?"

He shifted towards me and looked down at my hand, "Well... I asked Lady Anne to appoint you as my teacher and told her how you helped me with my lessons. I could only understand them when you taught me, so..."

Oh.

Wait, what.

"Hold up, don't you already have a tutor?" I sat down on his bed next to him, furrowing my eyebrows.

He looked up at me, "No. I didn't want to be a nuisance to anyone."

And yet you're asking me.

I sighed, "You dumb prince. People should be grateful that you're being a nuisance to them. You're the future king, are you not?"

He nodded, looking lost.

His hair looked so freaking soft, I wanted to pet him.

"So, you're the most significant person to everyone. Your education is very important. Who says that you'll be a nuisance. Every prince or princess has tons of tutors to teach them. It's fine to do what you want, okay?" I tilted my head, leaning a bit closer to him.

He pursed his lips and nodded.

I smiled and huffed out a breath, "Good. So when should I go over to your study room?"

He eyes sparkled, "So you agree to becoming my tutor?"

I giggled and got up, "I don't have a choice, do I?"

He held back a huge smile, pursing his lips, "I always study after breakfast, so we'll meet then."

I nodded and left his room to go make his breakfast.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Ooooh, you sly girl. He already fell for you. I can tell from his actions," Xiao smirked as we walked down the hallway after having our breakfast.