Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Sam

He grabbed the sides of my face like last night, except this time it wasn’t gentle. He pulled me towards him and latched himself onto my lips, a low moan emitting from his mouth at the contact.

I froze.

My second best friend in the whole world was kissing me, full blow on the mouth. And he was moaning.

The second best friend who called me a fag when I came out to him as gay when we were in 8th grade, then called me sobbing the next day because he was so ashamed of himself.

The best friend who was always rational. The best friend who saw everything, including my six-month fling with his little brother.

And now he was kissing me.

His mouth moved against mine forcefully as he sucked on my bottom lip. If anyone else had done that I’d be writhing in pleasure, but Randy? He was practically my brother!

At that nauseating thought, I pulled away from his mouth, completely and utterly confused. His hands dropped from my face but his eyes still lingered on my retreating form. His chest heaved. His cheeks flushed.

“What in the world was that, Ran?” I asked him quietly, rubbing a thumb over my lips.

He sighed and stared out the windshield.

“I just needed to make sure,” he responded tightly. I felt my eyebrows furrow.

“Make sure that…?” I drawled, motioning with my hand for him to continue.

He didn’t answer. He pulled his lips into a thin line and stared intently out the window, not bothering to answer me.

“Randy I’m gonna get another tardy and you’re gonna miss your flight. So please tell me what’s up!”

He groaned and tossed his hands off the steering wheel in defeat. “Make sure that I’m gay, okay?!” he growled, turning to face me with shining golden eyes.

Woah.

Gay?

As in, he likes boys, gay?

Didn’t he have a girlfriend when we left?

He was a freaking Seer how did he not know that he preferred penis?!

I guess my face mirrored how I felt because the next thing he said was:

“Look, I know. It’s sudden and weird but you’re my best friend and I couldn’t think of anyone else I could trust with this. Or trust myself kissing without getting a boner.”

Well, phew!

“You know you can trust me with anything, dude. I’m really glad it decided to be this. And you know---wait a minute… Hey! I’m a great kisser! I could have given you a boner in seconds,” I replied, a devious smirk dancing on my lips. Randy laughed heartily and ruffled his hand through my hair.

“That ship has sailed, Sam,” he said with a final chuckle.

We grinned at each other for a while, savoring the typical banter of best friends that we would soon be lacking.

“Call me anytime, Ran. You know I’m here to listen.”

He nodded in response, not trusting himself to speak. I gave one last sad smile before pulling open the car door and stepping out. I turned back though, our eyes latching for the final time. I gave a small wave and he whispered a watery-eyed goodbye, then took off from the parking lot with me still waving behind him.