Chapter 19

Riley

I had just got off the phone with my babies. I was in New York promoting my new album. It was crazy I didn't think that I would be able to finish my album that soon, but to be honest I just went through my song book and picked songs. I had so many songs written in that book. Some about love, some about heartbreak, some about twerking, and some about sex. I had already done two interviews this morning, and now I was on my way to appear on Late Show with Jamie Love.

Let's welcome our guest tonight Riley.

I came out, gave Jamie a hug and had a seat. 

So I'm excited to have you here tonight. So you here to talk about your new album. What is the name of the it?

"Introducing Riley"

"So why did you name it that?"

"I was apart of the group 3 butterflies, so the fans knew my face, but never my story. I'm private person, but with this album I'm opening up and allowing you guys to know me. I have stepped out my shell more and more since being a solo artist. I am loving the artist I am becoming."

"I see the growth in you. You have the potential to make it big. So do you have anyone special in your life?"

"Nope, it's just me and my kids. It's hard to date when you have triplets. They don't like anyone, and they are in this stage where they like to pull pranks. So dating is non existence right now."

"You have three kids, most people only know about your daughter."

"Raven is my mini me, she forever jumping in my videos on snapchat, ig, facebook. Where as the boys, they dont like the spotlight. So in most of all the pictures I take, their back is facing the camera or they have on sunglasses."

"Riley, your last couple of songs has been about heartbreak, so it's safe to say that you've had your heartbroken before. You had the song "I wish I was her", the song "Can't Raise a Man", and the song "Cry". Are all those songs about the same man?"

"No, they are about my ex boyfriends tho. I've subjected myself to two relationships in my life. The end result was always me being hurt. My first love left me, no explanation, no nothing. Just disappeared in the wind. I was for sure hurt. It was about a little over a year before I started dating again. And when I did the dude I chose dogged my ass out. I mean it's crazy to look back at all of the things he put me through and I stayed, because I didn't value myself, and I didnt know my worth. A dude is going to treat you how you allow him to treat you. At this point in my life, I'm so in love with myself. I know what I want and what I will accept."

"What was that made you leave for good. Because I'm the song cry you were talking about getting revenge"

"Dude got somebody pregnant on me. When I found out the child was 3 months old. I immediately broke up with him. But he stayed in my life after the break for about five months after the breakup due to having a relationship with my kids."

"So did cut him off from the kids or"

"He cut ties with us because his woman said that their child shouldn't have to share a dad because he was not my kids father. But we talked about adoption, and it was his idea. He left us alone and we never heard from him again. He broke my heart twice, once by his actions to me, and then his actions to my kids. My kids were heartbroken, to see my babies so heartbroken did sometime to me. I forgave him a long time ago, but we could never be friends ever."

"So you wanted him to hurt as bad as he hurt you."

"Yes, I was hurt. I wanted him to feel how I felt, I wanted him to cry. When a man cheat it make you look at yourself and wonder why am I not enough. What did I do wrong. A man should never have you feeling like that."

"So besides, the songs you released what else do we have to look forward to?"

"I have a song with Chris Brown called either way, I have a song talking about love, I have a song talking about my kids, and I also redid Betty Wright song Tonight is the Night. I'm really excited about this album. I worked really hard on it."

"So far you have had great success with the songs that were released."

"Yes Cant Raise a Man is still in the top five on the billboard." I said smiling real hard.

"When are you releasing the album."

"Tomorrow. It will be available at 12am on itunes and tidal. Please support the album, I promise you will not be disappointed"

After the interview I performed Can't Raise a Man, and went back to the hotel.I showered and rook a nap. When I woke up it was 11:00pm.  I went to bar at the hotel and ordered a glass of wine and some food. I drunk my glass of wine, and took my food to go. I ran to the elevator yelling for them to hold it.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome"

The elevator stopped and it went dark.

"Aint this some shit." The emergency lights came on and I pressed the emergency button. I pulled the elevator phone out, and spoke with the them. They said it was going to be at least an hour before we were helped. At least I got food.

"Do you plan on sharing your food, since we will be stuck here for a minute." I look up at the man.

"Damien?"