Chapter 37: Change your ticket

You should probably stay, probably stay, a couple more days
Come on let me change your ticket home

"Are you sure driving is a good idea?" my mother asks as I was sipping on my coffee.

We were sitting on the breakfast counter my mother beside me while Tom is opposite her. I just got home not long ago after spending the night at Harry's car dealership place, though I don't think they noticed I wasn't here last night. The memories of last night came crashing on me. I can't believe I slept with Harry. So much for wanting to avoid him. I have been trying to convince myself that it's just a game that it's all part of the game but there's a voice inside my head that screaming me the otherwise. Thank God I am going to back to Manhattan today.

"I'll be fine mom," I assured her. "I did it going here" I added.

She gave me a slight but a worried nod. I know she rest her case and I am glad she did, sometimes my mother treats me like a little girl. Maybe, because of the long time we were apart the habit of her worrying about me hasn't changed even a bit.

Shrugging off her worried look, I took another piece of muffin from the bread basket. My mom prepared a huge breakfast for me, she never forgets that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, though it did change throughout the years, given that I live in a busy city of New York. Still, I cannot deny the fact that I miss my mom's cooking. Too bad I am going back to the city today, but I'd rather miss my mom than be close to Harry.

After our breakfast, I decided to take shower and dress up to leave. Anyway, it's gonna be a long trip and I have work tomorrow. For sure my paperwork is as tall as me when I get back to the office. I wondered if I should tell Blake about Harry, for sure she will be furious. Over the years that we have been friends, one reminder from her is not to relieve the past. Speaking of Harry, he was still sleeping when I left his place earlier. I never planned on meeting him here let alone sleep with him. I knew it was wrong but I couldn't find the regret in my heart.

I put on a pair of tight skinny jeans and a yellow long sleeves sweater, it's almost noon so I should get going. As I was saying goodbye to my mother and Tom we heard a knock on our door.

Tom walked in and opened it and a Harry Styles wearing a brown sweatshirt with Gucci written on it, a pair of black skinny jeans and Chelsea boots came after my sight.

What is he doing here on our doorstep? I have no idea.

"Harold," My mom called to him with an obvious suprise expression on her face. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

Harry smiled at my mom, "I am thinking of driving your daughter to New York," he replied casually.

My eyes widened as I heard what he said. Is he serious? Why would he drive me to New York? The reason why I am returning to the city today is because I do not want to anywhere near him, let alone spend the next 10-hours sitting beside him, stuck in traffic with him.

"That would be lovely Harold," my mom said as I was about to protest.

Mom. I called silently. Why on earth would you want me to spend time with him?

"That isn't necessary Mom." I declined politely. "Harry has so much to do," I added as I looked at Harry with pleading eyes hoping he would get the signal that I am really against the idea.

"Taylor is right Harold," my Mom agreed and my insides are celebrating. "I was just worried about her driving alone, besides, how are you going to go back here after?"

My breathing became normal as my mother was realizing that Harry driving me to New York is such a bad idea.

"You know what I insist," Harry then said. "I know how much you're worried about her driving alone so I would really like to drive her, just like the old times," he tells my mom. "And I can always book a flight going back, I can actually use a couple of days away from here to unwind, no harm done," he added.

My mother's face literally lit up as she heard what Harry said. OMG! My inside is crying.

"Then I guess all is settled," Tom said after a while. "There's no need for you to worry about Taylor, Andrea" he said to my mom.

So yeah! As much as my chest is protesting on the idea of spending 10 hours with Harry inside the four corners of my rented mini cooper, I decided to just shut my mouth up. It made my mom happy which is the main reason why I went home anyway.

After a little Harry and I hit the road. He was bringing his own travellig bag which made sense since he mentioned that he wanted to unwind for a couple of days in Manhattan. But that doesn't mean that I should spend time with him right?

"Is the cold okay?" He asks.

He was sitting on the driver's seat while I was sitting beside him and it wasn't merely an hour has passed. I glued my eyes on road and I try to avoid any conversation with him. But that seems to be impossible now. Having him near me is really making me uncomfortable.

"It's fine," I replied.

"Are you sure?" He asked again, this time he reached for my hand and laced his fingers to mine.

The memory of how he used to intertwine his fingers to mine comes back to me. How the warmth of his palm used to comfort me. It was the only thing that I know back then. Until he broke my heart and my soul and my bones.

Harry slightly squeezed my hand waiting for my answer so I had to give him a slight nod. "Yeah, I'm sure," I replied.

"You don't know how happy you made me," he says after a while.

I glanced at his direction, his eyes were focus on the road but the smile is obvious on his face, I shook my head slightly when his freaking dimples showed up.

"I never thought that I'll be able to do this again," he added as he placed my hand to his mouth.

My eyes automatically closed as my skin felt his soft lips.

"But after what happened last night and having you here today, I knew our story didn't end seven years ago, in fact it was just starting,"

He then took a glanced of me and smiled before he brought his eyes back on the road. There was a little strike in my heart from what I heard. And if I was the same Taylor I will buy everything he says, but I know better now and my mind is screaming at me not to trust gorgeous tattooed guys especially if his name is Harry Styles.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Author's note:

So, I know it has been so long since I last made an update and I have an explanation for that.
I have went through a major change in my life, and I was not in a good place for quite sometime and I didn't have the inspiratio to continue this story but after reading your messages and comments I decided to give it a try again. I started this chapter for months and as of now this is what I came up with. I hope that you will continue to support this story. I have another story entitled "Faith, Hope and Love" and it isn't a Haylor story but it is my story. That book narrates the exact thing that happened to me while I was MIA so I hope you will find the time to read it too.

Anyway, thanks for the support. I miss being here.

Love you guys big time :)

iamhakelyn :)