To Eternal Life - Chap. Twenty-Five

Nathaniel held Abbi to his lips as their mouths delved into each other. She wasn't allowed to think with the way his tongue moved along her bottom lip, or the amatory kiss that made both their bodies shape together.

He lifted her into a state of divinity with each slow, sweet kiss. Nate's hand in her hair was moving now, down to the base of her neck - bringing Abbi nearer. She was drowning in every palpable sensation, the inevitable passion she felt in these seconds was the ardent fire of their love. Her hands braced at either sides of his chest, pulling at the material to tightly enfold him in her own rein. Abbi pushed herself forward, making Nate fall back onto the plush ground while she remained above, not breaking the kiss as they went.

This time, she did not feel guilty for deceiving such a beautiful person.

It was her turn to be conceited; Abbi wasn't thinking of any crinkle in her life, she wasn't caught kissing him, while worrying about something else. All Abigail could think of was how Nathaniel's mouth tasted, and how his hands felt at her hips.

Her fingers knead the end of his thin shirt, pulling it up to get some glimpse of what was underneath. Nathaniel, all to eager, quickly discarded his shirt without a second thought. It was surprising, how fast he had caught on, but in their own defense, every instant together was rash and fervent. Plus, anyone with common sense would want to get a look at Mr. Fang's abdominal muscles.

As Abbi pulled back, she tried not to stare too long, but failed altogether.

"You have a tattoo?" Abbi asked, surprised.

Her eyes were focused directly on the left side of his body. Positioned like an inky scrawl was a jargon of words, not exactly a tattoo, but more a permanent statement against ones' skin (so, pretty much a tattoo). She was honestly bewildered; Nate didn't seem to be a tattoo kind of guy, if you could even call the markings a tattoo.

"Somewhat; I like to refer to it as a blessing." Nathaniel said slowly.

"I'm giving you the chance to explain ..." She said, looking at him from underneath her lashes.

His smile was faint, but at least he didn't seem to be reluctant. "My father's dad wasn't a vampire, but he was a very religious man. Eventually he found out what Alexander had become and was horrified, he then decided to put a blessing on his skin so he should not be damned. I'm not sure if it changed anything, though. A vampire is a demon, meant to be in the pits of hell."

She refrained from gaping at him. How could he say such things about himself? Abbi, for one, thought Nathaniel a very redeemable person, even if he did have to consent to ... sucking the life from people. "What does it say? It's obviously not English ..."

Nate nodded knowingly and pointed to the first foreign word against his skin. "It's Latin. Ad vitam aeternam deo vindice," He paused, meeting her confused gaze. "Meaning; To Eternal Life, protected by God."

She cocked her head to the side, and moved off from on top him. "Hm."

"Does it bother you?" Nathaniel asked. He looked almost afraid of her answer (something she wasn't sure why he would feel) and Abigail had the sudden urge to comfort him.

"No," She said quickly. "I'm just curious. What did you mean by being convicted to hell?"

Nate laughed loudly, and he sat up. After rolling off him, obviously distracted, she'd forgotten that just moments ago, they'd shared twenty-seven seconds of intimacy. And while she appeared unaffected by it all, Nathaniel's hair was disheveled, he bore a naked chest, and was looking somewhat frustrated at her leaving.

Abbi tried to reproach her presuppositions and smiled timidly. Nate only chuckled again and settled down next to Abbi, his hand brushing her own.

"I'm a Vampire, Love. By being what I am, I have given up my chances in the clouds. Cameal knew this when he drank from Lilith's cup, he knew that for his eternity of living, he would give up his mortality. We are sentenced to a torment in the afterlife for the sins we've made in life."