XXXII

I am, a little bit insecure, a little unconfident
'Cause you don't understand I do what I canBut sometimes I don't make sense
~ Linkin Park, Faint

"I have an idea." I drop my spoon back into the bowl of oatmeal I'm eating.

I really just wanted a quiet breakfast, why is that so hard?

Stupid band.

"What?" I roll my head in a dramatic fashion to look at Scarlett, who's leaning beside me with a slightly crazy glisten in her eyes. Just a slight one.

"What if you still starred in the video regardless of the fact that you and Erik are official?" Scar has been pestering me with pleas to be in the music video for the song I wrote since Thursday and it's now Monday.

"If I say yes will you fuck off?" I really just want a quiet day considering these past few days I have been in and out of meetings with management and the record deal on a contract they would like me to have. The one Olivia drafted didn't meet their standards nor did any of the agreements I had discussed on the phone with her when I was debating whether or not to take the job.

Now that that is all sorted out, I'm free to enjoy a day to myself.

Maybe I'll hang out at the beach or maybe I'll find one of those outdoor gyms.

I could really go for a leg day, fuck cardio.

"Yes! Be ready to leave at 8 tonight, we have filming to finish up." I nod my head at Scar and wave my hand in a shooing motion, hoping she gets the message.

Scar hurries out of the room and I'm once again in a blissful silence with my oatmeal and coffee to keep me company.

"Hey, baby." Erik kisses me on the cheek as he heads to the fridge, pulling a carton of orange juice from the fridge and proceeding to drink from it.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I search the table for something to throw at him but my only option is an empty glass.

Should I throw it?

"Are you actually debating on whether or not to throw the glass at me?" Erik looks at me in disbelief as I give him a sheepish smile.

"You drank from the carton. The carton, Erik. That is so gross."

"There was barely anything left, calm down. What's got you in shambles?"

"Your annoying cousin," I mumble as I finish off my oatmeal. At least I got that done.

"Say no more." Erik takes a seat down beside me and leans his head on my arm. "What are you going to do for the holidays? I know you are an outcast now."

"I'm not an outcast Erik." He raises an eyebrow at me, "fine, I'm an outcast. I don't know, I want to see what Marcus is doing. Maybe I'll go visit him in Ireland for the holidays if I get the time off."

"I think he would like that and I think that would be good for the two of you." Now it's my turn to raise my eyebrow at him.

"What's with being nice? Do you really want me gone that much? Is there a secret girl I need to know about?" Erik laughs and shakes his head at me.

"Those girls are secrets and they are the ones I'm trying to hide from, but no seriously you've barely spoken to him or about him." He's not wrong, it's been a while since I talked to my baby brother.

"Wouldn't you miss me?" I ask him, causing him to lift his head off my arm.

"Ray, I would miss you so much it would hurt, but he's flesh and blood."