3.9

As I walked into school on Monday morning, I felt that everyone was staring at me.

It's not that I wasn't used to people staring at me, because in a way I was. A few months ago, when Ashton and I first got together, it seemed like everyone was always looking at us. It made sense; I was the "popular" girl with the rich parents and Ashton was the loner that never spoke to anyone. I understood why people would want to look at that.

But I couldn't figure out why everyone was looking at me now. I had hardly even talking to anyone for the past month, it's not like I'd done anything for people to be staring at. Right?

I wasn't surprised when I saw that Luke was standing at my locker when I arrived, despite the fact that he was upset with me just a few days ago. I'd apologized to him and he said that it was okay, thought if I was in his position I wouldn't have. But that was just what Luke did; he forgave too easily.

"Good morning." Luke nodded, stepping aside so I could get to my locker.

"Hi," I said, looking around slowly. I still felt like everyone was watching me as they walked by, but maybe I was just paranoid.

"How was your weekend?" Luke asked.

"Oh, it was..." I paused, not sure if I should answer honestly or not. Because honestly, my weekend was just weird. "It was nice."

"What happened on Saturday night? Like, what was going on? When you called I got kind of worried." Luke chuckled lightly, and I felt myself stiffen up a little. I'd almost completely forgotten about the phone call that I'd had to make to Luke while Michael was over. The same phone all that interrupted our, you know.

"Oh, I'm not really sure, actually." I said slowly, bending down to pick up a book from the bottom of my locker.

"So... There wasn't any reason as to why I wasn't allowed to leave the house for the whole weekend?" Luke asked.

"Well, I don't know, Michael just - "

"You're talking to a Michael again?" Luke cut me off, stepping in front of me so I could no longer try to distract myself by looking at various things in my locker.

"Uh, a little." I hesitated, feeling my face heat up.

Of course I was blushing about this, because now every time I thought about Michael the only thing I could think of was the memory of us almost having sex on my dining room table.

"A little?" Luke questioned.

"Yeah, we, uh, sorted out our differences." I said slowly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh, your differences?" Luke asked, a cocky smile on his lips.

"Uh huh. He came over on Saturday and we... Yeah." I said nervously, trying not to look Luke in the eyes. I knew that he could probably see right through me, but I didn't want to admit to anything.

"Oh no." Luke sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Dani, you didn't."

"Didn't what?" I asked, playing dumb. I slammed my locker door shut and picked my bag up from the floor, spinning on my heal to try and walk away from Luke, only to have him follow after me.

"You fucked him, didn't you?" Luke questioned, practically chasing me down the hall.

"No," I said quickly, turning around to face him. I grabbed Luke by the sleeve of his shirt and tugged him off to the side of the hallway again, so we were pressed against the lockers.

"Dani, seriously, I can tell that something happened between you two." Luke rolled his eyes at me. "What did you do?"

"We didn't do anything!" I lied, my voice cracking a little. Luke obviously saw right through me, because he just rolled his eyes again.