Chapter sixteen

ANNALISE POV

I sit neatly, cross legged in a comfy arm chair that rests in the grand library. My eyes scan over the words from within the book that was decorated appropriately with a crimson colored cover. Inside resided an example of perfect penmanship in a signature gold color. This was the book of the kingdom, the one that just about everyone here had read.

Everyone but you.

Yet that will change. To fully understand a nation such as this one, much research is necessary. And I intend to fully understand all of its customs traditions from sizes small to large.

Though my plan soon came to a halt as Delrick made his entrance, and in suit followed Dalton and Dominic. All three of my daddies, my kings. Instantly, without being asked my eyes snap upwards to them.

"Hi." I mumble out awkwardly, like a teenage girl speaking to her crush.

Which is not an entirely false comparison.

"Hi little doll." Delrick is the first to speak, a small chuckle emitting from his light colored lips.

"What're you reading Annalise?" Dominic then walks over, placing himself in the seat right next to me.

I can't help the small smile that takes over my face at his interest in my literature choices. It was like a breath of fresh air to be able to speak of something I enjoyed so throughly such as reading, and Dominic never failed to provide that refreshing breath seeing as he was quite the book worm himself.

It's the little things.

I flash him the cover of the book before clearing my throat to prevent any extra awkwardness on my part before speaking up,"It's the book of the kingdom daddy."

I see Dalton smile in my peripheral vision. Dominic lets out a small praise at my choice of litterateur, and Delrick flashes a smile in a sense of pride as well.

"That's our girl." Dalton moves over closer to me, and places a sweet kiss affectionately atop of my snowy, blonde haired head.

His actions and melodic praise sends me into a frenzy, my heart swelling with the pride and satisfaction I took in making them feel that sort of adoration, the sense of making them proud.

Pleasing my daddies.

I loved it. Even when I was frustrated with them, I absolutely loved it.

"We have something to speak about babygirl. Do you think you could put away the book for a moment please?" Dominic being the ever so thoughtful gentleman he is, asks me kindly.

I nod and stand up, placing the book back atop of the shelf. Of course only after I had found its rightful spot, and marked my place. I then walked back placing myself where I was once before.

"We've decided that it's time to present you as our princess to the subjects of Florenia." Delrick wastes no more time and tells me very straight forward.

To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I may not know much of everything, but I do know a generous amount considering the time I had spent cooped inside of the library and at my own desk.

Though the tradition of sharing a bride was not only normal, but expected, it was practically unheard of to share a human bride. And one of my age in the modern days.