• Chapter Seven - The Battle of Takodana

There were many screams and cries of fear around us while Han, Chewie, Finn, and I all pulled out our blasters. Even though they would be no help against the TIE fighters, we had to protect Takodana when the transport ships arrive.

As the TIE fighters got closer and closer, I turned to Finn and asked, "I thought you were leaving?"

He turned to look at me and gave me a small shrug with a little smile, "I can't become who I want to be by running away."

That made a smile form on my face. We nodded at each other before Han tapped my arm. Finn and I turned towards him, and he motioned down. We saw Maz standing right next to him, and she was motioning for us to follow her. The three of us looked at each other confused before following her inside, even though I wanted to stay outside to protect the citizens. Plus, I was really nervous because I had no idea where BB-8 and Rey are.

"Where are we going?" I asked Maz as she led us down a flight of stairs, "We need to be out there defending this place!"

"I need to give you something," She answered me as she led us down a dark hallway very quickly, "I've had this for ages, and I kept it locked away."

Finn and I looked at each other confused as we finally stopped in front of a small wooden box. Max opened the box, and to my surprise, she pulled out a lightsaber. She held it up to Han, who looked like he just saw a ghost.

"Where'd you get that?" Han asked her.

"A good question for another time," She replied before turning to Finn and saying, "Take it, find your friend."

I don't know why it took me so long to piece it together, but that was the lightsaber that belonged to Luke Skywalker. That's why Han seemed so shocked. That's how he looked when he first found out about the map. Finn just looked at Maz determined before taking the lightsaber.

Suddenly, there was a large rumble from above us. Dust and some rubble fell from the ceiling, which made Chewie roar. Maz looked up in horror and muttered, "Those beasts."

There was another large rumble above us. And another. And another. We all looked at each other before taking off towards the stairs. We all ran up them quickly as the ceiling caved in behind us, covering the entire lower floor. We sprinted towards the front door, but it was covered in rubble. Chewie picked up some of the rocks to try to create a path out while I got my blaster ready. When Chewie finally had a path for us to get out, Han led the way out. When we got out, my jaw dropped in horror.

They entire place was destroyed. There were stormtroopers everywhere, shooting at the people of Takodana. There was rubble from ten castle all of the place, some of the areas on fire from the TIE fighters. Han shot down three of the stormtroopers without a glance before shouting, "Come on, Chewie!"

Finn and Maz ran out behind me, and when I saw two stormtroopers running towards us, I aimed my blaster and shot both of them down quickly. Finn seemed really impressed as he said, "Damn."

I just gave him a look, even though I did appreciate the compliment. It really reminded me a lot of Poe. Maz motioned to the two of us, and we got close to her. She said to us, "Rey and BB-8, they need you. Now, go!"

I went to take off, but Finn shouted, "I need a weapon!"

"You have one!" Maz and I both shouted at him as we both motioned to the lightsaber.

Finn just looked at the lightsaber for a moment before pressing the button. The lightsaber began to glow a bright blue, which made me smile in awe. The two of us looked at each other determined before running into battle.

As shots fired above our heads by the TIE fighters, I held up my blaster and shot down another stormtrooper. As Finn shoved the lightsaber through another stormtrooper's chest, I picked up another blaster so I could have two. As I shot two stormtroopers at the same time, I began to look around for any sign of Rey or BB-8. My heart dropped when I couldn't see them anywhere, but it also made me relieved because hopefully they weren't anywhere near this.