Chapter 93

I am currently at the beach!
I'm going to try to use my free time here to write a chapter.
Enjoy

***
Isabella's Pov.

"Everything is going to be okay!" Felix said to Gabriella. Her eyes rolled back and her head fell limply to her side.

I covered my mouth with my hands as the tears poured out of my eyes. I ran right next to Felix, trying to keep up with the nurses. My brother and my best friend were both in critical conditions. How could this happen?

How? Only this morning both of them were fine. They were better. I had hopes that my brother would get better. Hopes that my best friend would talk to me again.

And now what were we dealing with? The Russians on our tale. A murder case and two unconscious people. Of course, the Russians were taken care of. Once we approached the hospital we saw three others waiting for information. We took care of them.

The dead body was also taken care of. But what mattered the most couldn't be fixed. We just had to hope and believe in good.

"Please tell us whats going on!" I exclaimed in anger. The nurses rolled Gabriella and Chris to the ER, where we were not allowed.

One of the nurses stopped, facing us.

"The boy's situation is more complicated. The fluid in the lungs led to serious complications due to the fight. We can't really say anything right now but his oxygen levels are dangerously low. If we don't manage to bring his breathing back to normal things might get very serious" 

"What?" I exclaimed in fear. Felix wrapped his arms around my shoulders, calming me down. 

"I assure you that we will do everything possible, dear," she said. 

"And what about the girl?" Felix asked. 

"Seems like the man got a pretty good hit at her head. I'm guessing she banged her head up the wall. Her face was bruised and bloodied. The symptoms were strange. Seems like she had a foggy mind. All we can do is hope this wasn't a concussion" She said, making me gasp. 

"Now, excuse me. I must join the rest. We'll keep you informed once we have news" She said, turning around. I breathed out in shock as my knees weakened. 

"Hey, Isa. Come on, calm down! They will be okay" Felix said as he got me to sit down. Vincent rushed in with the phone pressed to his ear, looking extremely angry and panicked. 

"Take care of the Russians back home" He exclaimed.

"No. Boss said not to call Antonio. Take care of everything yourselves and don't let anything go wrong" He ordered. 

"I'm at the hospital right now. I don't know in what condition they are in right now. Yes, Gabby is also in a bad condition. Make sure everything goes smoothly before we arrive back home" He said, hanging up. He ran up to us as he sat down next to me. 

"Everything is taken care of, Isabella. You two have nothing to be worried about" Vincent said, making Felix nod. 

"How are they?" Vincent asked him quietly. 

"I don't know, man. They said both are in difficult situations. Chris could get a lot of issues with his lungs and Gabby might have a concussion" He said with a sigh. 

"Fuck" Vincent muttered, shaking his head. 

"What's going to happen now?" I asked myself quietly. 

"I don't know, Isa. But we'll be okay! I promise" Felix said. 

***

I was shaken awake by Felix. I jumped up from my spot, looking around myself in panic.

"What happened?" I asked in fear of hearing something horrible. The color of Felix's face was drained. Vincent was on his feet. 

"We just got an update from Chris," Felix said, frightening me. 

"And? Is he alright?" I asked shakily. Felix sat down on the bench, holding his head in his hands. I looked at the nurses face. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"Your brother's pneumonia led to serious complications. The fluid in the lungs damaged his air sacks and his oxygen levels went extremely low. The whole situation is hard to explain but the space between the wall of the chest cavity and the lung filled with air, collapsing his lung" She said.

"He slipped into a coma"