99

C H A P T E R 99

The return to Hogwarts brought a lot of different perspectives. Voldemort was down another Horcrux and that only meant bringing them back to square one for figuring out the next one...if there was a next one. However the return to Hogwarts meant that the Yule Ball was coming in 5 days and that brought some joy to Marcus Flint instead of internally fighting his own battle of the "mission" he was on.

And of course Samantha had no idea. Coming back to Hogwarts still brought her suspicions to Moody and intended to keep her guard and observations on patrol. Coming back also meant she and Harry had to now start figuring out what the clue meant. Harry wanted to wait until it was the new year but Samantha didn't want to forget about it and next thing they knew, it would be February and they would be short on time and short on ideas.

For now though, all her thoughts were consumed by the Yule Ball and how everyone was scrambling for a date. She sat with Victor Krum in the library Wednesday night as they were finishing their Potions homework.

"Technically I don't have a date since Marcus hasn't asked me yet. I guess he is kind of assuming we're going together," Samantha spoke with a small laugh.

Victor smirked. "I'll make him ask you to make it official."

Samantha thanked him. "So who are you going with? So many women around here and lined up eagerly waiting to know," she asked as she obnoxiously wiggled her eyebrows.

Viktor pursed his lips and started to turn a light shade of red. "I—I haven't asked anyone....officially yet but I do have a plan."

Samantha grinned. "That's great. Can I know who?"

"No."

"Why not? I mean I kind of already have a guess but I want to be sure."

"You already have a guess?"

Samantha nodded. "Well it is kind of obvious if one spends enough time with you as well as in the library."

Viktor started to turn red and glanced back down at his Potions work. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Right," Samantha muttered and then went back to her to-do list which was always growing and never having anything to be checked off.

"Do you have any idea what the clue could mean for the second task?" Samantha asked Viktor some time later after they finished their essays.

Viktor thought for a moment. "Not really, I haven't really thought much into it if I'm being honest."

Samantha nodded. "You and Harry both. Maybe Fleur started to research it. I'll have to ask her next time I see her."

"Did you know she's going to the ball with Roger Davies?" Viktor spoke. "He's from that house with the blue robes."

"You mean Ravenclaw? Interesting, I didn't know she gave him the time of day."

Just then Moody walked by the library and Samantha turned. A chill always slithered up her spine when he was near. She also hated the cringing noise of the thunk his leg made when he walked.

"What?" Viktor asked when seeing Samantha slightly cringe.

"Professor Moody just gives me a bad feeling. Ever since I remember seeing him late at night in Snape's office, I've been wary of him."