Chapter 53

I awoke with major pain in my back. "Ow!"

"Kami!"

I turned and seen Sera and Amber standing by my bed.

"What happened?"

"You blacked out for awhile, Toru and I brought you back." Sera looked at me.

"How long was I out?"

"Two days."

"What!" I yelled. "What did I miss? What happened? What about our abilities?"

"Woah, slow down, one question at a time."

"Sorry."

"First we want to know if you're okay."

"I mean, yeah, other than the intense pain in my back."

"How did you get hurt though?"

"I don't know actually."

"Was it some dream?"

I shrugged. "I think I had a dream, but I don't know what it was about."

"Well back to your questions. You missed everyone being concerned about you, missed a few classes, and that's about it, oh and Isen got called out."

"Awe I missed that?"

"Don't worry, everyone still teases him."

I laughed.

"And all of our abilities are back, headmaster figured it out, based off what I told him from why you told me, and told us it would only last 24 hours total."

"Great!"

"But you should rest up, you just woke up, and also with an unknown pain."

"Hey." Amber walked closer. "What's this?" She pointed to what looked like a burn mark on my arms.

"Was I burned?"

"You were in bed the whole time."

"Weird."

"Wait, Kami?"

"Yeah?"

"Where else does it hurt?"

"My back."

"Turn around then and lift your shirt."

I did so and they looked at it. "Woah."

"What?" I needed to know."

"You got one major bruise there, it looks like you were somehow hit hard."

I tried to think and all I can remember is falling and slamming into the ground? Was that real?

"Well, we have to get to class, see you later."

"Okay, see ya!" They left and I laid there on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

DING—!

I looked over and seen my phone was lit up. I reached over to grab it and seen it was a text, from John. I then seem there were other texts from Blyke, and Isen, and Remi, and even Toru.

"Let's see... Blyke says 'when you see them text me back, I want to know you're okay.' John says 'Sera told me you just woke up, hope we see you in school soon!' Isen said 'Get up, I know you'll be okay.'" I rolled my eyes. Isen always has to be that person. "Annnd Remi said 'Get we'll soon Kami!'"

I sighed and set my phone down. I was feeling tired and didn't feel like going through the rest of the texts.

I rolled over and closed my eyes for what felt like two minutes, but seemed to have been fourteen hours.