The man I love

I walk next to Sandor. 

"I thought it'd make me happy, but it doesn't. Not really." Arya confesses. 

"Nothing makes you happy," Sandor says. 

"Lots of things make me happy." She defends. 

We walk through the rocks. 

"Like what?" He asks. 

"Killing Polliver, killing Rorge." She admits. 

"So you're sad because you didn't get to kill Joffrey yourself?" He asks. "Is that it?" 

"At least I could have been there to watch. I wanted to see the look in his eyes when he knew it was over." She explains. 

"Aye, nothing in the world beats that look." He says. 

"Except you, little dove." He whispers to me. 

"You protected him for most of his life. You think you could have saved him?" She asks. 

"I wasn't the damn wine taster." He drinks from his bota bag. "Little shit deserved to die, but poison.. poisons a woman's weapon." He grumbles. "Men kill with steel." 

"That's your stupid pride talking." Arya jabs. "It's why you'll never be a great killer. I'd kill Joffrey with a chicken bone if I had to."

 Sandor laughs along with me. 

"I'd pay good money to see that." He admits, messing with his bite. 

"You should have let me burn it, love." 

"It's a flea bite." He brushes it off. 

"That fleabite's got you walking a lot slower than you used to." Arya points out. 

As we approach the building.

 "Well, we won't have to walk too much further." 

"You really think my aunt will pay for me?" 

"Aye, she'll pay." 

"I've never even met her." 

 "Doesn't matter, You're her blood. Family, honor, all that horseshit. It's all you Lords and Ladies ever talk about." 

"I'm not a Lady." 

I wrap my fingers around his arm. His other hand on his sword. 

"Who would pass the Bloody Gate?" The man asks. 

"The bloody Hound, Sandor Clegane." He announces. "And his traveling companions, Lady Y/n L/n, and Arya Stark. Niece of your lady Lysa Arryn." 

"Then I offer my condolences." Condolences? "Lady Arryn died." 

"Shit," I mumble. 

"Three days ago." 

After a moment Arya laughs. To be fair it is kind of funny. Sandor brought her all this way for a reward and once again, Arya's family is dead.

We left when we found out. Arya practices her sword battling. I poke fun at Sandor. He jokes back at me and he lifts me up in his arms. I laugh. 

"People coming." Arya mumbles. 

I kiss Sandor. 

"You can fuck around later there's people coming." Arya sounds urgent. 

"Morning." It sounds like a woman.

"Morning," Arya responds. 

"I like your sword. Are we getting close to the Bloody Gate?" She asks.