Chapter 19

Jisoo had just arrived at Jennie's driveway. She sat in her car, too nervous to move. Mrs. Kim had wanted the 2 of them to go dress shopping together, so Jisoo had no choice but to comply to her request.

Denying Jennie's mother would come off as rude and disrespectful, so she didn't say anything against it.

Taking a deep breath, Jisoo stepped out of her car and made her way to the front door. Ringing the doorbell, she only had to wait a few seconds before the door opened, revealing Jennie's beautiful face. Jisoo gave her a small smile and waved awkwardly.

Jisoo: H-hey.

Jennie responded to her with a curt nod before moving out of the way, inviting Jisoo to come.

Jennie: Can you wait a little? I'm still getting ready.

Jisoo: Y-yeah, it's fine. Take all the time you need.

Jennie: Thanks.

And with that Jennie rushed up towards her room, not giving Jisoo another glance. A few moments later, Jennie's voice rang through the house as she shouted from her room.

Jennie: There's water in the fridge if you want!

Jisoo wasn't thirsty, so she remained in her seat and waited for Jennie. 7 minutes later, the younger girl hastily rushed down the stairs as she was trying to fix her hair.

Jennie: Sorry to keep you waiting, but I kind of overslept today.

Jisoo: It's okay, I don't mind.

Jennie nodded and the 2 girls were wrapped up in a silently awkward atmosphere that was all too familiar to that of their previous encounters. Jisoo glanced at Jennie and cleared her throat, breaking the silence.

Jisoo: Why don't we get going then?

Jennie: Y-yeah, that sounds good.

Jennie then moved over to the door and unlocked it, gesturing for Jisoo to walk out first. The latter walked to her car and started the engine while Jennie quickly locked the door to her home before following suit.

•••

While Jennie was changing into a new dress, Jisoo was waiting for her outside.

The 2 girls have been trying on dresses all morning, but not a single one had seemed to satisfy them. This was the last shop of the day, and both Jisoo and Jennie were worn out and have yet to find a fitting dress. However, right when Jennie stepped out from the fitting room, Jisoo knew that this was the dress. The long laced gown flowed gracefully down Jennie's perfect goddess-like body, leaving no room for criticism.

Jisoo couldn't stop herself from staring at Jennie, her mouth fell agape, and her eyes were wide open with wonder. Jennie stood in her spot uncomfortably as she watches Jisoo stare at her. She cleared her throat, trying to grab the older girl's attention away from admiring her form.

Jennie: Are you done staring?

Jisoo snapped out of her trance as she could feel her face turn red out of embarrassment.

Jisoo: Y-yeah.

Jennie: So, what do you think?

Jisoo opened her mouth to speak, but found herself unable to form any apposite words. She was left speechless for there were no words to describe how amazing Jennie looks in the white dress.

But after a few moments of silence, Jisoo was able to breathe out a single sentence that had been circulating inside her mind ever since Jennie had stepped out of the fitting room.