Part 7

"True or false? Rabbits can see behind themselves without even moving their heads."

We were reviewing what we learned as he just finished studying. It was time for the funny science quiz.

"False!" He raised his arm.

I hit his head lightly with a book, "Ddaeng! They can see without moving their heads."

He exclaimed loudly and rubbed his head, pouting.

I giggled and sat down in front of him, "17 out of 30 questions correct. It's actually an improvement if I do say so myself."

He placed his elbows on the desk and his face in his palms. "I told you, it's all thanks to you," his lips curved up.

We looked at each other a little too long to be just friends.

I scrunched my nose.

As I was about to say something, probably something stupid... someone knocked on the door.

He turned towards it and commanded with a deep voice, "Come in."

Amy came inside with a tray of food. As soon as her eyes landed on me, she frowned a little. Taehyung glanced at me and then looked at her, raising his eyebrow, "She's my personal tutor now. Didn't Lady Anne tell everyone?"

She put the tray on his desk and bowed, "She did, Your Highness."

"Then you shouldn't be scowling at her now, should you?" He looked irritated.

She bit her lips, "No, Your Highness. I was just-"

"Leave."

She gulped, "Actually, I also have a news for you. Princess Eleanor is here to meet you."

He froze.

"She is waiting for you in the garden," Amy bowed and left the room.

He nibbled on his bottom lip and got up from his desk.

"I'm sorry Violet. I'm going to have to postpone our lessons for next time," he closed his eyes and sighed.

I shook my head, "No, it's alright. I understand that you have an urgent matter to attend to now."

He smiled painfully and walked out of the room faster than I thought.

I suddenly felt something I couldn't explain.

I couldn't help but think that the princess Amy mentioned was someone important to Taehyung. After all, he looked like he cared for her very much.

I followed him, getting out of the room as well.

"You know you have no chance with him, right?"

I halted. I turned around to see Amy leaning against the wall.

"He's already engaged to princess Eleanor, the one he's running off to. Their parents arranged them when they were younger," she shuffled towards me.

I couldn't say anything. My vision became blurry and that piercing feeling in my chest became aggravated. My hands trembled and that cold air I have felt before enveloped me once again.

I should have seen this coming. How could I be so stupid. I turned out liking him more than I originally planned.

But... Why am I so afraid to lose him when he isn't even mine?

"I heard that she lost her parents recently so we all are planning to give those two some space."

I nodded.

She sighed, "You know, I kind of pity you. I mean, if you had your memories intact, you wouldn't have stayed here and developed feelings for the prince."

I chuckled, "You actually hate having me near the prince, don't you? Don't worry, I won't associate myself with him anymore."

I turned on my heels and walked to the garden. I didn't know why I wanted to see them together, but my legs kept on moving.

My heart ached when I saw him with the princess, his fiancée. He was hugging her tightly and caressing her hair softly. They looked perfect together.

I couldn't bring myself to look at them. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her position because I was just his maid.

If only I never met him. If only I never said that I would stay with him. If only I never had feelings for him.

If only I remembered everything...

Honestly, I never knew I'd end up liking him this much. I'm scared as hell to want him. But, here I am, wanting him anyway.

Still, I shouldn't get in their way. I should try to bury these feelings as if they weren't even there. I have to...

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"I'm sorry, Violet. If I knew how sad you'd be over this, I would've steered you away from him," Xiao rubbed my back.

On my way back from the garden, she saw me crying and pulled me into her room, asking me what happened. So we were in her bedroom now talking about Taehyung. I was glad that no one else saw me ugly crying.

"Honestly? I think he was only caring for her since she was in her most vulnerable state. They only met twice before when they were younger and it was with their parents, too. I don't think he has feelings for her," she wiped my eyes with a tissue.

I sighed, "Still, engagement is engagement. They will marry sooner or later. It's bound to happen."

"But what about him? Do you think he'll be happy with another girl when he has feelings for you?"

I looked up into her eyes. Her face was twisted in worry.

I gulped, "I don't think he does. Even if he did, he's better off with her. What good can a girl like me with amnesia do for him? Plus, she needs him more than I do..."

She heaved a long sigh and pulled me up. "Come on, let's go wash your face. You look like a puffy tomato right now," she smiled and poked my cheeks.

"Stop it," I pouted.

A/N: Da princess has made her appearance oof 🙈
Let's get it

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 😘