18

the first thing saori says to johnny after the bell rang is, "cute," while showing him the folded crane she received this morning.

johnny blushes, ducking his head down embarrassingly. "leave me alone, i thought it'd be romantic."

saori chuckles, cooing at how cute her boyfriend is. "it is. william shakespeare is probably shaking in his boots," she jesters.

"don't let yeri hear you say that, she practically worships that man." johnny warns her, slipping his hand to hold saori's as they walk out the classroom.

"huh, i'm not surprised she does."

yeri did seem the type who has the flare for the dramatic. saori looks forward to theater club with her.

"ugh, seriously?" they hear a groan as they turn to face doyoung, a frown plastered on his face. "it's too early for this."

"it's lunch, dons," saori tells him, only to be responded by a groan.

soon enough, they were joined by the rest of johnny's friends, including her cousin, who seemed very absorbed by his edo book.

"yuta, don't read while walking you might trip," doyoung scolds his best friend, shutting the book at his face.

yuta curses at the smack sound the book produces and glares at doyoung. "i didn't have the page bookmarked, you ass!"

"so? just fold the page," ten suggests.

yuta stares at him as if he was insane. well, to yuta, he is. "are you out of your mind?!" he screams. "how dare you even think of such a thing?!"

ten shakes his head, clueless about whatever offense yuta took from his statement.

"just... helping you with your book man..."

"see, ten. this is why you shouldn't suggest things. it ends up dumbing the iq of those around you." doyoung rolls his eyes, handing yuta a piece of paper he an use as a bookmark.

yuta mutters a 'thanks', flipping through the pages of the book to bookmark the last page he read.

taeyong sees the exchange and finds it disturbingly domestic. they're really close.

"i don't see how that affects you when your iq is nowhere to be found," ten retorts.

"yeah, like your height."

the response ticks a nerve, and ten almost went for doyoung if only jaehyun had let him. "can you guys stand 3 feet next to each other without going at each other's throats?" the boy complains, holding into ten's lanky arms.

"ten, stop attempting to jump at doyoung. you know you'll lose."

ten clicks a tongue, yanking his arms away from jaehyun. "the only thing that'll lose is doyoung's dignity," he argues.

"yeah, right after you lose yours." doyoung glares at ten.

"doyoungie." taeyong tugs doyoung's arm in a scolding matter. he shakes his head when the latter meets his gaze.

"ugh, fine." doyoung grunts, snatching saori from johnny's grasp. "the nakamotos sit on either of my side."

with that, he leads the group the cafeteria to get themselves lunch. yuta follows the pair closely behind, making sure he gives johnny that infamous 'look.'

"we'll talk later," he gives off a threatening message to the buy.

johnny freezes and lets yuta walk past him, holding his breath. as soon as the japanese boy was a few feet away, he releases a sigh.