025

It was warm.

There was a heavy weight behind him and on his waist. There's a hot breath against his neck and it's just so warm. It feels safe. And Cobie just wanted to move closer. So he does. He smiles sleepily, his eyes still closed. He closer and let his hand rub lightly on the arm around his waist.

"Baby, are you awake?"

Cobie's eyes shoot open at that and he quickly turns around. He stared at Erik with wide eyes and moved even closer. He raised his hands and cups Erik's cheek, his thumb stroking as if to make sure the man beside him was real.

"Morning." Cobie whispers.

"Morning, Precious." Erik replies, leaning forward a bit to place a kiss on Cobie's cheek.

"Are you alright? No aches or pain anywhere? Is it over?" Cobie asked, his eyes trailing Erik's clothed body to check for signs of bruises or tell-tale signs.

"I'm alright, love. I'm fine. And yes, it's over, thank goddess. You on the other hand smell like my favourite things. I love your new scent." Erik says, his nose in the air as he sniffed.

Cobie's cheek flush a bright red and he couldn't help but smile. "Can you give me a couple of minutes? I want to freshen up."

"Sure, I'll get you a cup of tea."

"Thank you." Cobie says. He gets up from the bed at the same time as Erik does. The Alpha gives him a little wave before walking out of the room. Cobie made his way to the bathroom and grabbed his toothbrush. As Cobie brushed, he thought about what happened a few minutes ago. Erik looked better, he looked great, he wasn't all growly and rut-ty. Is rut-ty even a word? Cobie chuckled to himself as he repeated the word in his head.  Rut-ty.

He rinsed and splashed water on his face a couple of times before drying it off with a towel. He was going to talk to Erik today. He was going to tell his mate enough about it, if not all. He's just going to talk until he couldn't anymore.

Cobie made his way out of the bathroom and crawled up the bed again. He grabbed his phone and pressed the home button and pouts when he sees no messages. He sighs and throws the phone back onto the bed. He wonders how the wolves were doing this morning. Erik walks in with a large tray. He places it on the bed and Cobie lets out a loud groan. It smelt so good.

"Thank you." Cobie says as he stared at the stacks of pancakes with chocolate syrup and sliced strawberries.

"Anything for you." Erik says, reaching up to scratch at his neck lightly. There's a light dusting of pink on his cheeks and Cobie is endeared. "I want to apologise for what happened this past weekend." Erik says just as Cobie takes a bite of his pancakes.

"It's okay."

"It really wasn't. I could feel your distress." Erik says, absentmindedly rubbing at his chest. Cobie watched his mate's hand as he did that and wondered what Erik had really felt. "I just couldn't stop myself. You smelt so good and... I'm sorry. You deserve better."

Cobie dropped his fork onto the plate and reached for Erik's hand. He intertwines their hand and squeezed it a little.

"Yes, I was a little scared and confused, I just wanted to talk to you before we do anything, before we take one final step that seals the deal."  Cobie says.

"I just couldn't control it." Erik confesses as he moved closer to Cobie.

"I think there are some things you need to know." Cobie says as he slides the tray away. Erik takes the initiatives and lift the tray, he places it on the ground and pulls Cobie closer to him. .Cobie bites his lip as he stared at Erik. He has a lot of things to say but he doesn't know how to start or where to start.