| Paladin and Author | Embracing their element [40K Special]

Just letting all you guys know, this isn't a romantic one-shot. If it's character x reader, it means it's romantic. If there are a character and reader as the title, the short is not romantic because it does not have the 'x' in between the two.

Aakar waited on her cushion. The others would be here soon. She looked around the room indifferently, realising that the candles were beginning to die. She rose from her white cushion, strolling past others coloured red, yellow, green, black and blue.

The candles were exchanged and lit all at once. Her hands waved in front of her sending out the thin ribbons of flame to the wick of the candles. A smile spread across her closed lips. "That's better."

The stone room began to glow brighter with the new light. The drapes were beginning to look a lot more colourful now that the candles were finally doing their job. Oh, and the rug on the bottom made the cushions a lot more comfortable against the stone floor.

She settled down a little more as small auras began to slowly form over the cushions. Her smile grew wilder as the shapes of light began to form into Shiro, Keith, Lance, Hunk and Pidge. The lights grew painfully brighter until every Paladin was replaced by the aura. Each of them arrived startled, scared or infuriated when they came.

"Aw come on! I was this close to beating-"

"Lance?!" Pidge exclaimed. "What are you doing here? I thought you were with- Why am I here?"

"Uh, can someone please tell me what is going on?" Hunk stammered.

A soft chuckle silenced all their cries of confusion. They all looked at her. And she smiled coldly "You're all so silly."

Keith growled. "Who is she?"

"She's a girl?" Lance exclaimed. "Her voice is... really weird."

Pidge squinted, shoving her glasses closer to her eyes. "She's probably wearing a voice changer somewhere, or using a hologram."

Aakar chuckled. "If I was a hologram, dear little one, I wouldn't be able to do this." She lifted both of her hands palm up and lit one hand with fire and twirled water in the other. The Paladins froze, dumbfounded. She chuckled as she began to include air, earth, metal and lightning into her palms. "I think you're all confused as to why I brought you here. I'm just here to make sure that none of you dies." Aakar released the elements, dropping them to the ground.

Shiro's eyes narrowed. "What are you talking about? Are you talking about G-tech?"

Aakar, let out a burst of menacing laughter. "Oh, you are quite funny." She laughed a bit more, wiping a tear off the corner of her eye. "No, I'm not talking about G-tech. I am talking about a far greater enemy that no one in your world can challenge. In fact, they don't know that this enemy even exists. Not even G-tech."

Everyone stared at one another, wondering in their minds. "Who?"

"Why, me of course." Aakar tilted her head with a small smile. "After all, what can mere words do to the author that painted them on paper and screen."

Lance panicked, touching his body anxiously. "Are you saying we aren't real at all?"

Aakar shook her head. "No, I'm not saying that. After all, if I was to say that none of you was real, I would have an army of fans banging on my door threatening to kill me."

"So then... " Shiro looked around the room curiously. "What are you doing here?"

"I brought you here for just one reason. I'm here to give you a gift and a curse at the same time."

"A what?"

"A gift and a curse." Aakar rose up from her cushion, walking in the middle of the circle, looking at each Paladin in the eye. "Each of you, hold out your hands."

"Why should I we trust you?"

"It's not that you should trust me in this situation." Aakar looked to the side of the room, lingering her gaze on the wall. She outstretched her hand and the wall bent to her will. The painted wall began to twist and crack, breaking into a million pieces but falling into shards of glass. With a flick of her wrist, she repaired the wall in a second and pointed her palm to Keith. "It's that you should know that the person you are talking with right now has the power to do anything she wishes. I can turn you into stone and send your statue right to your girlfriend if I really wanted to Keith. I can make her scream and cry while keeping you alive so that you would have to watch everything."

Keiths' face stiffened. This girl... This being was out of their mind.

Aakar hummed, smiling to herself. "With great power comes great responsibility so they say." Aakar lowered her hand, resting it on her lap. "I say, with great joy and potential, comes great pain and great suffering." She gestured the Paladins to stretch out and open their hands. "I will give each of you a gift. This will save you and someone else. Whoever you choose will define the fate of each of your stories.

I cannot tell you if you will meet each other again as you did before or if you will live another day. But I will tell you this, what I have given you is also your curse. Be wise with what you do with it. I will help you write your stories but I will not change what has been done."

"Are you saying that someone is going to happen to us?" Lance asked.

"I'm saying that some things might happen. But what happens will be all your fault. If someone dies on your account, it will your own fault not mine."

Keith scoffed. "But didn't you say that you control everything?"

"I do, but that doesn't mean I have to control everything. What fun would that be? What's the harm in letting you all choose freely?"

Shiro's face twisted suspiciously. "But how will we know that you're controlling us or someone else?"

"You won't," Aakar smirked. "Just remember this." She lifted her hand, painting the air with a magical stroke. The first symbol was painted like a single rest on a music sheet. She painted three strokes more, outlining the main symbol in the middle.

"What does that symbol mean?" Pidge asked.

"It doesn't mean much. Just remember this word," Aakar answered, "Aaveross."

Pidge and the others looked at each other until Aakar lept to all of them, splitting herself into five different entities. The Paladins screamed as each of the Aakars gripped their open arms, transferring different energies into their bodies.

Aakar's voice thundered. "You will not remember this but none of you will forget what I said."

The Paladin's bodies began to glow, just as their bodies did when they were being called. Each of them screamed that it hurt or that they felt like dying. The light grew brighter and brighter and one by one, each of them disappeared.

Aakar dropped back onto the floor panting, returning into her singular form. She panted a few more breaths, breathing in the air greedily until she laughed aloud once more. She couldn't stop laughing, even when she was trying standing up from the stone floor. She let out her last breaths until she turned to face you, staring with a grin.

"Let the fun begin."