Bearer of Thy Oath (XXXIV)

A/N: There's only one more chapter after this and then it's the end of Arc 6! QAQ We've come so far to lose it all, in the end it doesn't even matter~ Jk. But Still we've come a long wayyyy- Thank you for reading, voting and commenting~!

---

The demons all started to kill each other off. In less than a quarter of an hour, the only ones who remained left in the three realms was the comatose Kasimir and the forlorn Adriel. He surveyed all around him but felt no attachments, no emotional feelings, nothing. He slumped down to the ground and looked listlessly at nothing in particular.

He had captured the thirteen apostles that Uriel created and turned them all into tear drops. He didn't have to do anything as they willingly gave up themselves to him once they were brought to him. He had carefully stored them inside of his space. They were made from parts of Uriel's soul and he would give it back to him.

His fingers rubbed the black ring on his fingers subconsciously and he looks at it. Adriel took off the ring and examined it closely. Inside were the words, 'Für Immer Deins'. He smiled sadly, "Where are you, Uriel...?"

He recalled that Uriel had the same ring. When he had first spotted it, he felt a feeling of elation. They were a matching pair. He would often look at Uriel's ring and thought that it was a match made in Hell or something for them to have two one of a kind ring. It was also located on their ring finger on their left hand like a wedding ring. A wedding ring, a matrimony made between the two of them.

He crushed it into his the palm of his hand, as he tightly clenched his eyes shut. He tried to recall how Uriel looked like, how he sounded, how he felt, how he smelled like.... Even though he could imagine it... It would only be a faint memory now. It would never become a reality.

As Adriel was reminiscing about his time with Uriel, he heard a hideous laughter and looked up. What stood before him was a slightly transparent man with striking features, long black hair that reached down to his knees, obsidian phoenix eyes, a beauty mark on his chin, refine cheekbone and jawline, and pale rose colored lips. He donned a black robe with dark blue serpent and cloud motifs and a black cape with similar colored designs. He was much taller than Adriel himself, and looked immaculate in his clothing.

Adriel could see the condescending look in his eyes. The man smiled, "How does it feel, brother? To lose the one you love, over and over again."

"Does it break your heart?"

The man chuckled, "Ahaha. It's too bad that I couldn't send your child with your lover as well. It would've been so much more satisfying to see your face then."

Adriel knew that he didn't know the man. But he had an unnerving feeling about him and the moment his eyes laid upon him, he was hit with an air of familiarity. He furrowed his brows at the person's words. Who was this man? Brother? What did he mean by sending his lover? What about his 'child'? Adriel tried to think of the possible reasons and possibilities, but felt as if something was blocking him from remembering.

The man pointed to him and snickered, "Wait until I recover. I will let you taste true despair then, brother."

The only thing he was focused on were the words that he was going to send his child after his lover. Lover? There was only one person who was fit for that. He suddenly thought of a possibility and Adriel's eyes constricted, "You... You were the one lead him to his death?"

The man crossed his arms against his chest, "Of course. He's actually quite efficient at doing his job. Such a diligent worker."

"Even though he knew he was walking towards death, his footsteps never faltered."

He licked his lips tauntingly, "The energy he gives me is quite delicious, you know? He's the perfect food source."

"After we fought, I was reduced to having to sleep to get by. I barely had any awareness then, you know? When I had my first taste, it was all too... Tempting not to take such a scrumptious meal that was perfectly laid out for me. Ah... I had to send him away the first time after I had gained a little bit of awareness from eating my fill. Otherwise he wouldn't be doing his job of feeding me."

"But it took some of the energy I had just so painstakingly gathered and I was put into a sleep like state again."

The man smiled, "It wasn't until the meteor shower when I woke up the second time."

Adriel's face scrunched up from his words and it was as dark as the bottom of a pot. The man circled around Adriel nonchalantly, "Ah, it gives me so much joy to see you like this. Oh. But you probably have no idea what I am saying to you now, don't you?"

He stopped and peered down at Adriel, "I am... very curious here... How does it feel to have your child witness his mother's death? To be the one to have caused him to die?"

"Do you blame him for causing your beloved to die? You should. He was gullible enough to come to me~ All I had to do was make contact with him a couple of times and feed him small bits of lies for him to drag his own mother to death. It was also easy to momentarily distract your lover for a split second."

The man touched his chin as if he was thinking deeply about something, "I find you very funny, brother. To fall in love with a mere human soul. To the point where you would chase him throughout the worlds, giving up the precious energy that you had been able to gather so that you could follow him."

Seeing that Adriel was silent. He narrowed his eyes with a provoking light, "Hey, how should I kill him next time? Do you think that I-"

He was interrupted in the middle of his damnable monologue as he stared in disbelief at the youth, no the man before him. He no longer had golden eyes and blonde hair, but a face and body that mirrored his. Instead of the man's inky black hair it was white as snow, and he had two fierce amethyst colored eyes that burned with hatred. In a blink of an eye, his clothes scattered and revealed a white robe and cape that had similar designs in red. His height too was no longer shorts as he stood at the same height.

'Adriel' glared at the man and gave a smirk that made the man shiver, "Long time no see, Si Wang¹."

Si Wang stared in disbelief as he coughed up blood and took a couple of steps back. 'Adriel's' hand had pierced into his abdomen and sucked the energy that he had been storing. Si Wang glared, "Sheng Huo², you bastard!"

Sheng Huo gripped onto his neck and slammed him onto the ground. His eyes were so cold and dark, Si Wang froze out of fear. His breathing hitched and he was starting to sweat. How could this be? Wasn't he too weak? How could he have awakened?

Sheng Huo gave a cruel smile and tore open Si Wang's neck, "You've gathered a debt that must be paid with blood."

Si Wang tried to cover his wounded neck, but Sheng Huo smack and broke his arms the moment he raised them. Si Wang gritted his teeth. This was what had always happened. He refused to accept that he wasn't stronger than Sheng Huo. Using the remaining energy he had left, Si Wang casted a spell to distract Sheng Huo and fled.

He laughed manically, "Ahahaha! Just you wait, Huo! You'll pay for this!"

His body was taken away by an unknown black space. Sheng Huo tried to stop Si Wang from escaping but he couldn't, the spell was complete and he was gone. The air around him turned murderously cold.

Sheng Huo looked where Si Wang had been and glowered. Now that his brother had fled, it would take him a long time to find him again.

He had just awoken and hadn't fully comprehend what was going on. He took a step forward and heard something drop.

Ting!

He glanced down and saw a black ring with sliver vines lying on the ground.

---

¹Si Wang: His name literally means death, '死亡'.

²Sheng Huo: His name literally means 'life', '生活'.