Chapter 60

Kinda a filler chapter, kinda not. Malia might be making a new friend.... And something else...?

The words danced across the page, portraying the sad tragedy in the book that was resting on my lap

The words danced across the page, portraying the sad tragedy in the book that was resting on my lap. Stumbling along with the story, I had to paused every once in a while as more difficult words appeared, unable to understand their meanings. It was one of the first books that I had the pleasure of reading.

Blaire sat on the sofa close to me as she watched a movie, offering help on the words that I was struggling with. At first, I was thankful for her help but that changed when I realized how much I depended on her to even understand a single page in the book. It was pathetic, I was pathetic. Eventually, I just stopped asking, pretending to read the words when really I was just staring at the page, turning it after a few minutes.

Once I felt my heart pounding behind my eyes, I got scared and slammed the book shut after marking the page I ended up on. Turning my attention to the television, I watched at the pictures flashed and changed on the screen. The sudden and constant flash of color started to hurt my eyes and keeping up the the continuously changing plot hurt my head.

"You aren't a big fan of movies, are you?" Blaire asked from beside me.

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "The other movies I watched weren't this bright or confusing."

"I'm not really sure of what's going on either." She laughed and I nodded my head. As she began to click a button which changed the television to different shows and movies, we fell into a peaceful silence. It didn't feel awkward but we were only silent because we had nothing to talk about with each other.

"We're you enjoying your book?"

"To be honest, I didn't understand any of it." I responded with a blush. She finally settled on a channel with a show she watches with the pack children. We went silent once more, indulging in a show that made entire no sense but I didn't say anything. I was quite happy that the show ended soon and a different one came one, one I might be able to comprehend.

"I'm sorry." The words rolled off my tongue before I even though about it, randomly blurting the words out.

"I'm sorry?" She repeated back. "I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, Luna."

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you when I first came here." I clarified. "I wasn't accustomed to people giving me kindness, I'm still confused by it actually. I was just afraid and I didn't want to get close to anyone."

"It's quite alright, Luna. I understand."

"I'm still sorry about it though." I responded. "It's- it's hard but I'm trying to change." She pointed the remote at the television and turned it off. Turning her body towards me, she gave me all of her attention.

"I know, Luna. I know you and Kai went through something together a few years ago but I wasn't told exactly what. It took her a long time to trust anyone as well."

"I-I heard you talking to Orion's once, how you just wanted to be my friend and talk but I just ran into my room." I took in a deep breath and sighed, picking at the edge of my book. "I felt horrible, hearing you say that, but I was to scared to do anything. I wanted to apologize but I was just to afraid."

"Luna, you don't have to apologize. I completely understand." She hesitantly reached for my hand, placing hers upon my own and gently rubbing it with her thumb.

"You don't have to call me Luna. Just call me Malia, please."

"Of course," She hesitated for a moment before finally saying, "Malia."

I gave her a warm smile. "Thank you."

"Aww look at this." A voice sneered from behind the back of the couch. "The loner is finally making some friends." Rebecca was leaning up against the wall, picking at her long nails. My eyes narrowed in on a small bruise that was underneath her makeup, the one cheek more swollen than the other.

"Knock it off, Rebecca." Blaire snapped back with a warning. "I though Alpha Orion already wanted you enough."

"Like I care." She laughed. "This pack is already going to be destroyed because of this bitch." She pointed at me with her polished claw. "Why follow the leader of the pack when the pack isn't going to exist anymore.

"That isn't something to joke about, Rebecca. It sounds like to me that you could be convicted for some sort of treason, going against the Alpha and laughing about the destruction of the pack."

"She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "What? Have nothing to say, Malia?" She mocked. "You are that weak that you need someone else to defend you even though this whole situation is your fault."

"N-no-"

"This entire pack will die defending you and you can even stand up for yourself. How pathetic." She stalked forward and grasped my hair, pulling it to the side and exposing my neck. "All because of this, because our Alpha is too weak to turn you down and save the pack."

She dug her claw into my mark, a white, hot pain shot through my body, making me yelp. I could feel the warmth of my blood slide down my neck, staining my skin and my shirt. Watching as she stuck her finger in her mouth, she licked it clean of my blood, the crimson red sliding down her throat.

"That's enough-"

"Shut the fuck up!" She grower before turning her attention back to me.

"This pack will burn to the ground. Our lands will be stained with a river of blood all because you were too weak to do anything. Ever single of of them will die because of you. They will suffer, watching as their mates, friends and family will die. Children will not be spared, watching their parents die in front of them before they receive the same fate." She let go of my hair, strands of gold falling to the floor after being pulled from my scalp.

"All you had to do was turn yourself in. Now everyone will be maimed." An unknown howl pierced the still air, making goosebumps stand rise and my hair stand up.

"And it sounds like they are already on their way."

Dun dun dun.... What do you think will happen?