12

Your POV

1 Month Later

"Are you gonna need any help in the studio today?" I asked Dinah.

I had gotten back into the music industry a little, but it was mostly just helping Dinah with her solo projects.

"I think we're good for today. Thanks though, mama," Dinah told me as she grabbed her things.

"What are your plans today?"

"I don't have any," I told her, to which she raised her eyebrows.

"You're not hanging out with Camila?"

I rolled my eyes are Dinah's question. Camila and I had been hanging out like every day, but she did have a life too.

"No, I'm not hanging out with Camila."

"Bummer. Can't you two like date already?"

"Stop. You know that's not a good idea," I told her.

"Why not? Give me one good reason," she challenged.

"Dinah, Camila is really sweet-"

"And hot," she interrupted.

"Dinah."

"Sorry."

"Look, she's sweet and really cute, but I wouldn't want to lead her on," I explained. "No matter how much I hate to say it, I still have feelings for Lauren."

"Y/n, it's been a month and she cheated on you twice."

"I know that, Dinah. Trust me, if I could just erase my feelings I would."

"I get it. I really do get it, but don't you think Camila could help you forget those feelings," she said, which made me think a bit.

"I think for now Camila and I should stay friends."

"Okay, I need to leave for the studio, but this conversation is not over."

I just rolled my eyes and nodded as Dinah left the house.

I decided to write a bit, pulling out my notebook and beginning to brainstorm things to write about.

I always get really into it when I write. I don't know how long I had been sitting there before my phone vibrated, breaking me out of my trance.

I looked at my home screen, reading the notification to see Camila had texted me.

Cam:
hey wyd

Y/n/n:
Nothing really. Just writing. Why?

Cam:
i'm in ur driveway

I laughed at the message. Of course she'd show up unannounced.

I walked to the front door, opening it to see Camila walking towards me.

She smiled a bright smile at me, which made little butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Hey, sweet," she said, kissing my cheek as she slipped past me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her with a laugh as I closed the door.

"I was going to the studio later and wanted to see if you'd like to come," she said as she sat on the couch.

"You're asking me to come to the studio with you?"

"Yea, I need some inspiration for a song I'm trying to finish. I think you can help me with that," she said, making me notice she was flipping through my journal.

"Camila!" I said, grabbing my journal.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"This is private," I told her, closing it and placing it on the coffee table.

Camila just rolled her eyes playfully before she grabbed my waist and pulled me into her lap.

"Are you going to come with me to the studio?"

"Now?" I asked, making her nod.

"Let me get dressed," I told her, attempting to get up but she had her arms locked around my waist.

"Camila, I need to get dressed."

She just smiled and pointed at her cheek, letting me know what she wanted me to do.

I rolled my eyes and kissed her cheek gently, making her smile as she allowed me to get up.

I giggled as I walked to my room, putting on a pair of jeans and a rolling stones t-shirt before meeting her in the living room.

"Whoa," she said when she turned around. "I like these jeans."

"What's so special about these jeans?"

"Nothing really, but the girl in the jeans has got it going on."

"Shut up and let's go, Cabello."

"Yes, ma'am," she said, grabbing her keys and leading me out to the car.

Twenty minutes and a lot of car karaoke later, we were at the studio.

"Camila!" The producer said when she walked in. "I think I have an instrumental for that song you couldn't finish."

"Oh, show me," she said, running over to him.

I smiled and sat down, letting her do her thing. I really wanted to see how she worked when she was in her element.

~*~*~

"Thank you for coming with me today. You helped me get that song finished," Camila said as she walked me to the front door.

"I didn't really do anything," I laughed slightly.

"That's not true. You helped me rewrite the entire chorus."

"Okay, I helped a little bit," I gave in as I unlocked the door and stood in the doorway.

"Seriously, thank you," Camila said, leaning in to give me a hug.

When she pulled away she kept her hands on my waist, my hands resting on her collar as her thumbs traced circles on my exposed skin.

I didn't even realize she was leaning in until our lips met, the initial shock leaving me paralyzed until I caught on and kissed back.

Our lips moved in sync as one of her hands came up to cup my cheek.

Camila slowed down the kiss and pulled away, my eyes staying closed for a moment before they shot open as I realized what just happened.

I opened my mouth to say something, freezing again when nothing came out before I quickly stepped back and closed the door.

I couldn't even process what was going on before I began running to Dinah's room, knowing she was home.

"Hey, you're back. I was just about to-"

"Camila kissed me."

"What?"

"She walked me to the door and we talked, then she kissed me and I kissed back, but I freaked out and shut the door in her face."

"Y/n, are you fucking crazy?"

"I panicked!" I defended.

"Do you understand how shitty she probably feels right now?" Dinah asked, making my eyes widen before I sprinted outside, cursing when I saw she already left.

"I don't know what to do." I said, turning to Dinah with tears in my eyes.

"Did you enjoy the kiss?" Dinah asked, to which I nodded.

"Do you feel something for Camila?" I nodded again, remembering the floating feeling I got when she kissed me.

"Do you want to go to Camila's right now and tell her that?" Dinah asked once more, making me nod immediately.

"Then get in the car."