Chapter 31

INFORMATION: I know a few of you are probably confused as to where Maria and Paulo are. I skipped a month to where Gabriel and Leah arrived, and they left in that month. I should have probably explained that but I forgot... *whispers* I'm sorry.

~~

Alessandro

I stalked down the long hallway with my hands fixing my blazer collar, making sure everything was perfectly straight, as I wanted to keep my strong reputation of always looking presentable while working. My sweatpants and baggy shirts were comfortable but I could never stay in them for long.

I'd gotten used to my suit. My armour. It had become like a shield from the world — something to show my strengths. And people had gotten used to my suits too.

It had become like my identity.

Gabriel and Leah were supposedly in their bedroom. I needed to speak to Leah about Arianna and I also needed to discuss business with Gabriel. It was going to be a busy day but I was ready for anything that came my way.

As always.

Finally getting to their bedroom, I knocked on the door and hoped that I wasn't interrupting anything. A maid had warned them that I would be coming a few hours prior, however, and so they were expecting me.

"Come in."

I opened the door and saw the two of them sitting on the bed. They gave me warm smiles and Leah walked over to close the door behind me. "You want the two of us?"

I nodded my head and looked over at Gabriel. "I was thinking of speaking to you about business."

Gabriel nodded and got off the bed, walking towards me, as I swerved my head towards Leah.

"But I need to speak to you about something too. Separately."

Leah looked at Gabriel before setting her eyes back on me.

"I'll leave you and then I'll come and find you later." She finally spoke with a genuine smile, beginning to walk out of the room, leaving Gabriel and I to speak alone.

Gabriel fixed his suit too — and raised an eyebrow in my direction. Curiously. "What's the issue?"

"No issue," I waved my hand to brush away his assumption. "I just need to speak to you about business. Office?"

Gabriel didn't need to be asked twice. He began to walk towards me and then gently gestured towards the hallway, both of us walking together to the opposite end of the hollow corridor. He asked me questions as we walked — questions about Eva, Arianna, the years of my life that he had missed.

I agreed that we had to catch-up some time soon. All of us. Together.

Gabriel was once my best friend. Like my brother. And by the heart, he still was. But both of our lifestyles had caused us to drift from one another. It was the sad reality that had to dawn on everyone at some point in their life; the best things usually don't last forever.

Either way — I was going to make sure that we rekindled the strong friendship we once had.

As I walked into the office, I noticed Leon leaning on the edge of the desk.

"Why are you always here?" I asked him with my eyes rolling in annoyance, as I walked behind my desk.

"It's a nice atmosphere in here." Leon told me with a cheeky grin in Gabriel's direction. They both knew that I got annoyed and somehow they found amusement in that.