Chapter 18

"Draco!" Lucius calls after me as I stock off. When I stop, he catches up to me fast. The anger of him bringing up my mum gets to me and I smack him. After he recovers, he sighs "I deserved that." When I smack him again, he nods "And that." one more smack "That as well."

 "Don't you ever bring up my mother!" I hiss as I walk on, being followed by him "You abused both of us and you murdered her!"

 "I didn't murder, Narcissa." Lucius insists and I stop dead in my tracks "I didn't." he sighs, before leaning against the wall and sinking to the ground and landing on his bum.

 When he motions for me to sit, I do. After a long period of silence, I look at him "Why are we sitting on the ground?"

 "Karkaroff killed Narcissa." he states, before looking at me "Not a damn day goes by that I don't think of her." He sniffles "I loved her more than anything in this life."

 With a scoff, I reply "You abused her."

 He looks at my, a hurt look on his face "Think harder, Draco."

 When I think back to the times he abused her in front of me, I remember something that I  never thought important.

 He only did it in front of company... more importantly.

 He only did it in front of Death Eaters.

 Then, I remember when mum would tuck me in at night. She'd always tell me that Lucius was amazing.

 "But-" I stop myself, before looking at him in confusion "Why, the hell, did you beat me?"

 "You reminded me of your mother." he sighs, looking away from me "You were innocent. You saw the good, and the bad, of every situation." he shakes his head "She was just the same." he spits the rest "Karkaroff thought you too soft and wanted to toughen you up. He cursed her when she agreed with him."

 "So." I sigh, leaning my head against the wall "You blamed me for her death?"

 "No." he says, instantly, before continuing "I blamed myself. I'm the one who became a Death Eater. You had nothing to do with that." he sighs "I think I did it to stop myself from hurting..."

 With a hum from me, he continues "When we were sitting in the office and the scank was screaming that she fixed you, I realized something." I hum to ask what it is "People either hurt others because they're hurt, or they vow to never hurt another."

 "Parkinson has had everything handed to her." I state, before continuing "Nobody has hurt a hair on her head."

 "She's an unfixible type of hurt, Draco." he sighs, before smirking "She's bat-shite crazy." When I scoff, he checks his watch "It's tea time. Would you like to have tea with me?"

 "Lucius, d-"

 "I think it's about time we repair this family." he states, standing up and holding a hand out to me.

 After he pulls me up, we start towards my dorm "I'll have tea with you... if you can think of five things you know about me."

 "One, you hate pickles." he smirks and I hold up a finger "Two, you sleep with a stuffed donkey named PinCushion." I hold up a second as we turn a corner "By the way, I bought that donkey on the day you were born from the hospital gift card. It came from a muggle telle show called Winnie the Pooh, it's name, in the show, is Eeyore."

 I scoff and hold up another finger "Okay, the fact that you remember that is three."

 "Four, you are horrified of Werewolves; however, your greatest fear is having no one and you often put on a masquerade to make sure someone won't leave you."