The Champions

Cedric and Lacey have been dating for over a month now and today was the final day to submit your name for the Triwizard Tournament. They are very much in love but haven't said it to each other yet. Cedric meets Lacey every morning outside of the Gryffindor common room so they can walk to breakfast together.

"Good morning," he says, smiling at her and pecking her on the lips.

"Good morning, handsome," she replied happily.

"So I've been meaning to talk to you about something," he said nervously.

Lacey stopped and looked at him, preparing for the worst, "oh, okay. What's on your mind?"

"Well, I've thought about entering the Tournament, I think I'm going to do it,"

"Ced-" Lacey started, feeling scared.

"I'll be fine, Lace, and nothing would make me happier than having you as my number one fan," he winked at her, causing her to smile a little.

"But Cedric, people have died in this Tournament. I don't want to lose you. Alex, Justin and all you other friends don't want to lose you either."

Cedric took Lacey's face in his hands because she wouldn't make eye contact with him, "this is why I love you so much Lacey. You don't just care about you and your feelings. You care so much about everyone," Cedric said, not even thinking about the fact he just told her he loves her.

"You love me?" Lacey said.

"Um, well, yes. I didn't mean to just let it slip out like that. I know it hasn't been long, but I really do love you. I wanted to make it more special," Cedric said.

"It was special. It was spontaneous and you said it when you felt you needed to. I think that was the perfect way to tell me," Lacey smiled at him and leaned in for a kiss.

When they pulled apart Lacey said, "by the way, I love you too."

They continued the walk to the Great Hall and Cedric pulled out the piece of paper with his name and school on it and showed Lacey. She nodded to him and walked with him to the Age Line. He sent her one last look and dropped it into the Goblet.

As soon as he stepped out of it and back beside Lacey, the twins ran in yelling about cooking up an aging potion. Panic set in Lacey's mind.

"You guys can't!" She yelled to them without even thinking.

"Watch us, blondie!" George yelled.

They downed the potion and jumped in, both of them yelling and the other people in the Great Hall clapping. As soon as they put their papers into the Goblet it spit it out and both boys were thrown back.

Fred and George stood up and Lacey started laughing loudly. Both boys had long, white hair and a beard to match. They began fighting on the floor and Lacey stepped in to break it up. As soon as Fred saw her come near he instantly calmed down and stopped fighting, worked that he could hurt her and also feeling very calmed by her presence. George noticed Fred wasn't fighting back and stopped on his own.

Lacey stood between the two white hair teenagers, her five foot two frame not standing a chance at blocking either boys if they decided to start fighting again.

"Let's go to the Hospital Wing," was all she had to say to get them to follow her out.

She didn't even glance back at Cedric who had a huge frown on his face, upset that his girlfriend just took off after he had confessed to her that he loves her and put his name in for the Triwizard Tournament.

"You two are idiots. Why would you even want to put your name in?!" Lacey exclaimed angrily.

"What? Your Golden Boy Cedric is allowed but we're not?" Fred said.