{10}

EMMA'S P.O.V
"So why were you in his room anyways?" Malia asked me. Ace and Marco went up to the office with Angelo about two hours ago.

"I got scared by a movie." I whisper and blush, it was pathetic now that I think about it. She laughed with a charming snort.

"Real lady like." I commented,

"Who said I was a lady?" She said and flicked her hair dramatically.

I rolled my eyes and flicked my eyes to the window where it's raining outside

I rolled my eyes and flicked my eyes to the window where it's raining outside. I love the rain, it's so calming yet it still brings up the past.

***FLASHBACK***
"I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN!" My father screams. I just got home from hanging out with some friends after school but I forgot that today was Tuesday. The day that they're home early.

"I'm sorry." I squeaked, he slapped me and grabbed me by my ponytail. He pulled me closer to him and bent down to my ear.

"Just because you're worthless doesn't mean that you're useless little girl." He whispered and then shoved me into his room to clean, I hated it in here. Condoms, beer cans and dirty clothes. That's what covered the floor. You'd think that parents wouldn't let their ten year old daughter see this, but no, they make me clean it. I start to clean quickly and quietly, trying to ignore the nauseating feeling I was getting from not eating. I hear yelling approaching the door and I clean quicker, the door slams open and I whimper.

"I'm almost-t done, p-please don't h-hit me daddy." I'm on the verge of crying at this point, in fear of what he'll do.

"Hey sh sh." The voice cooed. I raised my eyes with a smile when I saw the chocolate brown eyes that reminded me of a galaxy. The eyes belonged to the one and only, Theo Storm. My older brother.

"Theo!" I squeal and hug him tightly, he chuckles and pats my hair. When I pull back all the joy of him being home goes down the drain when I see the bruises on his face, I frown and touch them gently.

"It's fine sweetheart." He says with a small smile and takes my tiny hand in his, I frown and shake my head.

"You're hurt." I state.

"I'm okay." He tried to brush it off as nothing, I frown but nod and continue cleaning the room, Theo decides to help since it's easier with two sets of hands.

Once we finish and the room looks clean enough I bring Theo into the small bathroom we have. It's the only door with a lock. I told him to sit in my serious voice, then I proceeded to get a few ice packs out of the bottom cupboard, snap them and give them to him to put on his face.

"You worry to much sis." He chuckles and throws the pack into the sink, I frown up at him.

"Let's go watch the rain." He says and picks me up into his arms to take me to the window in our room. We have to share a room and a bed since our parents use the spare bedroom for their 'activities', I don't know what they do in there but Theo says to never go in.