Arc 3.6 Ruler of the Night

A/N: I suddenly realized that Tian Xi and Gu Yuan never really had a "serious" conversation nor did they ever take the time to stop and think about their connection/relationship with each other, but then again in their situation where they prioritize their own gains and they always viewed each other as passersby's, they probably never felt the need to have a talk. So here we go~ a minor development haha. This story is tagged slow romance, so there's that.

.

.

.

Arc 3.6 Ruler of the Night

"Th-Third Prince!" The ministers who were just about to lash out at the audacious intruder immediately fell to their poor bruised knees again, sweat dripping down their foreheads profusely.

Cecily raised a brow inquisitively at Hugh, who smirked and gestured his left hand towards Prince Russel, "All hail the new King of Grethien."

Cecily's face darkened immediately as she glared daggers into Hugh, whose skin was so thick he didn't even feel anything at all. This fucker! He just took my job! That was 1500 points! 1500 points ah! I demand a redo!!

Just because he didn't feel anything didn't mean he'd ignore her. Giving her a side glance with his upturned lips, Hugh initiated a telepathic conversation that they somehow developed through their first two worlds together. You killed the king. I appointed the new one. It's pretty fair, so what exactly is the problem?

She felt her lips and eyes twitching and her perfect expression cracking, Fair my ass! Killing the king only gave me 500 points!

Hugh looked helplessly at Cecily as he shrugged his shoulders, It's not like I told you to kill the king. You already finished the job before I got here, I had no choice in this matter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unable to continue the pointless conversation that only those two could understand, Cecily flashed him her glorious middle finger - no, both of her middle fingers - and turned her head away from him as she let off some steam.

Hugh just chuckled in response.

" "A-All hail...the new king..." " These old folks really wanted to cry but had no tears as their eyes swept from the murderous Cecily and the sly Hugh before kowtowing hastily towards their newly appointed king.

And who was the Third Prince of Grethien? It was Russel Jaune de Grethien ah! The eccentric good-for-nothing prince who lazed and played around all day! As opposed to his eldest brother, the First Prince who was great at anything physical from martial arts to warfare strategies, Russel was a disappointing dandy who couldn't handle a single speck of dirt to land on his fabulous clothing. His second brother, the Second Prince, was an intellectual renown amongst all in the Kingdom of Grethien for graduating from the collegiate academy at age twelve and at the top of his class. To this day his papers were being passed around amongst the scholars and even the officials in the throne room currently!

Sure, Russel was the perfect candidate in that he was the only son of the deceased Queen Emilia Jaune de Grethien, but his concubine-born brothers were even more so based on their abilities and accomplishments!

Knowing their complaints that could not be said aloud, Hugh frowned, "Russel is perfect for the job. Easy to control, a beautiful face, great sense of style; most importantly, he is easy to control. The perfect figurehead, wouldn't you say, baby?"

Of course, Cecily was still angry that he robbed her of 1500 points, so she ignored his last question that was directed at her.

Russel cleared his throat awkwardly, "Uh, Hugh. That isn't something you should say in front of the person himself."