(16)

Taylor POV

(16 years old)

"Do you know what you have done?!" My father screamed in my face spitting violently at me. He had come over early morning and practically broke my door down. "You've give me a bad reputation in this pack and people are talking about why my daughter doesn't go home!" His grip was lethal on my throat so I couldn't scream even if I wanted to.

"I swear to god, I will kill you!" His grip tightened on my throat before panic coursed through my veins. I launched my foot between his legs and collapsed on the floor. I scrambled to the front door but my ankle was yanked back towards him. "Stop!" I yelled out and tears spilled down my cheeks. 'He's gonna kill us.' My wolf whimpers.

"No!" I kicked again and hit him in the face which threw his head back, this time I got out the door and I have never ran so fast out the house. I turn to look back and run into something hard. I fall back onto the floor and stare through blurry eyes. "Cody?" I splutter in disbelief.

"Taylor? What the fuck? Are you okay?" He crouches beside me and pulls me against his chest. "What are you doing in your fucking pyjamas and bare foot running through here?" Cody might sound angry but he simply hugs me against his chest.

"My dad was at the house, I thought he was going to kill me- he said he was going to kill me." I couldn't breathe properly and I gasped for air between my words. "You're okay, he's not going to get anywhere near you again." Cody stands up again and helps me to my feet.

He sits me on the hill we spend most our time talking and runs back towards my house. I slide down to the waters edge and look into the mirror like water. My throat was purple and I had a scratched down my face where he had clawed at my face. I collapsed by the water and dipped my swollen ankle into it. I sat there for a good hour, half sure I fell asleep. That was until I heard shouting that drove me to clamber up the hill towards the path. "Cody!" I yell and run towards him where his father's men gripped his arms. He looked floppy like he was drugged.

"What are you doing?!" I fought against one of the men but compared his large frame I was no impact. "Alpha's orders, Cody is not mentally stable." The man spoke gruffly and gently pushed me away from Cody. My mother was the nurse at a hospital and so I know what unstable is, Cody was definitely stable.

"What? No, you're wrong!" I threw him off me and tried to get to Cody. But the Alpha emerged from my house with a concerned look. "I'm afraid he's been sick for a while and when he attacked your father we admitted him to the hospital." My heart sunk because I knew no one could protect me now. Not Cody, not Darren, not mum and I was too weak myself.

"He's dangerous, Taylor, stay away from him."

****

"Colton, wake up?" I whisper gently and shift awkwardly in the bed. "Colton?" I nudge him in his side and he jolts up and looks at me confused. I hold the covers over me and give a side way glance to the bottom of the bed. He follows my gaze and when he notices the six elites stood in a line at the foot of the bed he groans and throws himself backwards.